Manager/Coach Karl Robinson.

We're hopefully heading towards a society where we respect others regardless of their differences.

Seeing as you were one of those condoning homophobic comments last season as "banter" and have now said that you wouldn't want something too personal regarding someone's sexuality, it's pretty clear what your views are.

The only thing that goes should be you and you're horribly dated views.

Eh ? This one’s gone right over my head, what outdated views do I have ? Absolutely none.

I’d be disappointed if he stopped a match, he says he doesn’t want to sanitise it but you couldn’t get more sanitised than stopping play. Abuse on a personal level of course isn’t nice but it’s part and parcel of the tribal nature of football. Fans from every club, Oxford included, hurl personal abuse at virtually every away game. They’d think nothing of taunting an overweight steward or homing in on a stand out opposition fan.

I’d stop short of condoning anything racial, anything too personal regarding someone’s sexuality and certainly wouldn’t agree with anything that makes light of a serious illness, disability or disfigurement but anything else goes. We are heading towards a society with no resilience to anything it seems.
To clarify, what kind of derogatory comments about gay people do you think are fair game?

Last edited:
To clarify, what kind of derogatory comments about gay people do you think are fair game?

Why is every single comment scrutinised and taken so literally ? It’s like a cross examination on this forum sometimes and the flakiness of some contributors - you might well be one - is ridiculous. I’ve broadly said what I consider as unacceptable and poking fun at someone’s sexuality is included. I’ve given my views on the Akinfenwa chant last season for example, to me it was relatively inoffensive. Amazing how chanting about something that he clearly isn’t (a sex offender) stirs every one up but chants about him being over weight (something he clearly is) seem fair game and raise smiles. Work that one out !

Last edited:
What are people's thoughts about the racist chanting from the Swansea fans? Not even seen it mentioned anywhere.

What are people's thoughts about the racist chanting from the Swansea fans? Not even seen it mentioned anywhere.
They did make an apparent reference to Jones skin colour and hairstyle.
They chanted “ Where’s your caravan”

I wonder if the club would consider employing Steve Kinniburgh as assistant manager or some kind of coach. He clearly knows his stuff tactically and he and Robinson probably complement each other well in terms of strengths and weaknesses. Plus teams with Scottish managers tend to perform better than average. I think the Scottish accent commands more respect from players in general for some reason.

• Haha
Reactions: BDJ
I wonder if the club would consider employing Steve Kinniburgh as assistant manager or some kind of coach. He clearly knows his stuff tactically and he and Robinson probably complement each other well in terms of strengths and weaknesses. Plus teams with Scottish managers tend to perform better than average. I think the Scottish accent commands more respect from players in general for some reason.
Mark McGhee......."Come on down" 🤣

I actually think the Scottish accent sounds like they’re angry at times even when they’re happy, but may be it’s just a case of mistaken judgement.

Not sure if Beckham thinks the same though after receiving a cut to his head! But I guess that was more about things flying around the dressing room rather than accents!

I actually think the Scottish accent sounds like they’re angry at times even when they’re happy, but may be it’s just a case of mistaken judgement.

Not sure if Beckham thinks the same though after receiving a cut to his head! But I guess that was more about things flying around the dressing room rather than accents!

Yes, I'm actually a little concerned that Robinson wants to fill our squad mainly with scousers because he thinks there will be fewer misunderstandings with his team instructions. But I'm certainly not complaining because our scouse players are excellent!

Yes, I'm actually a little concerned that Robinson wants to fill our squad mainly with scousers because he thinks there will be fewer misunderstandings with his team instructions. But I'm certainly not complaining because our scouse players are excellent!
Joseph is our only player who is remotely Scouse?

He's actually a nice guy, both myself and various friends have encountered him around Sheffields hostelries and my brother knows him from refereeing duties.

He has high standards. And is VERY defensive when it comes to his pasta.
That's that settled then Kip get on the phone and ask him what he's doing at the moment.

Some disgusting comments on there that are totally uncalled for and would never be tolerated away from football.

Sadly some of the comments referenced have also been used by some on here which is even more shameful
I fully agree, but I believe they are as both shameful as each other.
I cant believe people still use such language when there is such a high chance of being caught.

Not that long ago, I used to help arrange trips for children with Cerebral Palsy, with a parents group. Of all disabilities children can have this one is so recognisable. We had special permission to take them to Longleat. You can imagine how excited they were. To cut a long story short they were abused by a secondary school trip, using the old S word, their condition used to be known as. We actually followed it through and got the police involved, who took it to the school.

They did make an apparent reference to Jones skin colour and hairstyle.
They chanted “ Where’s your caravan”
You have to remember that something is only offensive when the collective say it is. Everyone is suddenly super offended by racism mainly due to the George Floyd incident and subsequent BLM protests. Also LGBT issues are in vogue right now and it’s cool to be inclusive. But if you’re long haired, bold, fat, ugly, tall, short, white, a referee, a linesman(sorry person) oh or from Swindon then nobody really cares right now.

interesting interview with Karl about they want to play different away from home because we got picked off last year to often. played 2 lost 2 . We have got some real tough games coming up soon. we better get started. We had a poor end to the season a d not a great start.

Y
You have to remember that something is only offensive when the collective say it is. Everyone is suddenly super offended by racism mainly due to the George Floyd incident and subsequent BLM protests. Also LGBT issues are in vogue right now and it’s cool to be inclusive. But if you’re long haired, bold, fat, ugly, tall, short, white, a referee, a linesman(sorry person) oh or from Swindon then nobody really cares right now.
People have always been super offended by racism and homophobia - it's just that this has only recently got through to people like you.

Something is offensive when someone is offended. It's really that simple.

Back
Top Bottom