Manager/Coach Karl Robinson

Tiger was Chairman though and had been for a while. Ultimately it was his shout. Eales may have given him advice but it was Tigers appointment and on the same day he left Charlton!!

He’s not getting fired with a big pay off.
As for Lee Bowyer he’s been linked with higher clubs, so he won’t be coming.
We are best sticking with what we have. He won’t be taking us down, nor up. We need to get on a run and get enough points on the board.
Any chance of a 7-1 to us at Wigan?

He’s not getting fired with a big pay off.
As for Lee Bowyer he’s been linked with higher clubs, so he won’t be coming.
We are best sticking with what we have. He won’t be taking us down, nor up. We need to get on a run and get enough points on the board.
Any chance of a 7-1 to us at Wigan?
Hi Peter

Did you watch us play Crewe? If so, at least two of your sentences stand out as optimistic.

Robinson won’t be going anywhere, hopefully this is just the usual bad start caused by Robinson trying to fit square pegs into round holes and play his favoured style, once he gets enough stick for it he usually changes to something more practical and results pick up.

Only worry is whether the players are good enough this season to go on the good run necessary to turn it around once we change from Robinson’s yearly early season mistakes.

The big question is do you carry on with a manager who makes the same mistakes at the start of every season through stubborn pride, although that’s answered by the fact we can’t afford to get rid so of course we will.

5 minute fans forum from this evening: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08z08s8

Worth a listen. Mous is waiting on a knee operation that would put him out for a season. Sounds as though he shouldn't play at all this season. Begs the question, why is he in the squad and, why is he on the bench?

Quite a few comments on the subject of Sean Clare.

Fair play to KR turning up but he was never going to face a barrage of tough questions. Give us a "live" forum with fans in attendance and let's see how that goes!

I think Robinson has earnt himself some breathing space for what he achieved last season. Also having watched his interview on iFollow and on the 5 minute fans forum I still believe we have the right man in charge.
It seems like right now he is constantly fire fighting with covid, players having new borns, freak injuries (Brannagan), players having other personal issues (Cooper). I doubt he has had a full squad to pick from yet this season.
We always go on about wanting a manager to care about the club and in Robinson we have that. Look at the melt down when Wilder said the clubs history meant nothing!
I think Robinson is fully aware that the team is underperforming (he has said so himself) and he is also aware we will need to move some players on in January and bring better in.

Overall this is a season where it would be no bad thing to just consolidate in the league and rebuild a successful squad. To do this though, it will take time, it will take poor performances and it won’t be pretty at times but I still can see what the club are trying to do.

5 minute fans forum from this evening: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08z08s8

Worth a listen. Mous is waiting on a knee operation that would put him out for a season. Sounds as though he shouldn't play at all this season. Begs the question, why is he in the squad and, why is he on the bench?

Quite a few comments on the subject of Sean Clare.

Fair play to KR turning up but he was never going to face a barrage of tough questions. Give us a "live" forum with fans in attendance and let's see how that goes!
KR also informed Cooper at 'home' in (N) Ireland, (personal) and likely to be there another 2 weeks

Hes here regardless. He knows that. Hes still (slightly) in credit for last season, but i sense he is slipping into old habits, forgetting what made us decent, and the bullshit is returning

The sign of a good manager is how you deal with adversity. We are right in the s**t, so the next few weeks will tell us just how capable Robbo is

Else it could be Sol Campbell to the rescue!

Now I know you talk s**t sometime but this has proved it.

Robinson won’t be going anywhere, hopefully this is just the usual bad start caused by Robinson trying to fit square pegs into round holes and play his favoured style, once he gets enough stick for it he usually changes to something more practical and results pick up.

Only worry is whether the players are good enough this season to go on the good run necessary to turn it around once we change from Robinson’s yearly early season mistakes.

The big question is do you carry on with a manager who makes the same mistakes at the start of every season through stubborn pride, although that’s answered by the fact we can’t afford to get rid so of course we will.

But this just isn’t good enough, every season the same a crap start and come good.if you want any chance or hope of being in the Championship you need a steady start.

I think Robinson has earnt himself some breathing space for what he achieved last season. Also having watched his interview on iFollow and on the 5 minute fans forum I still believe we have the right man in charge.
It seems like right now he is constantly fire fighting with covid, players having new borns, freak injuries (Brannagan), players having other personal issues (Cooper). I doubt he has had a full squad to pick from yet this season.
We always go on about wanting a manager to care about the club and in Robinson we have that. Look at the melt down when Wilder said the clubs history meant nothing!
I think Robinson is fully aware that the team is underperforming (he has said so himself) and he is also aware we will need to move some players on in January and bring better in.

Overall this is a season where it would be no bad thing to just consolidate in the league and rebuild a successful squad. To do this though, it will take time, it will take poor performances and it won’t be pretty at times but I still can see what the club are trying to do.
The squad shouldnt/didnt need a rebuild. It needed one or two key players plus some clever loans. We acquired a heap of dung and let our best players leave.

The squad shouldnt/didnt need a rebuild. It needed one or two key players plus some clever loans. We acquired a heap of dung and let our best players leave.
It did need a rebuild. That squad took 2 years to build up and failed at the final hurdle. In football these cycles happen and so it is now down to rebuilding a new squad and hopefully progress up the leagues over the next few years.
Wilder did it, Appleton did it. Now it’s down to Robinson to prove his worth by doing the same.

The players are dealing with injuries and other issues that aren't being openly discussed to protect them. Robinson is holding the squad together and publicly backing them. This goes far deeper than results, and even they will improve given time.

I spoke a few weeks ago about issues with some of our players, and how Robinson is supporting them.

It's not just the situation with Joel Cooper. Several players having young or expectant families, and others have personal issues that would test anyone. Covid has magnified everything, and footballers are not immune to dealing with the same worries and concerns we all have.

Robinson has his faults, but he is managing in exceptional circumstances with a number of players that need an arm around their shoulders more than a kick up the a**e.

Results are not good, but now is the time to come together and see through the tough times - on and off the pitch.

It did need a rebuild. That squad took 2 years to build up and failed at the final hurdle. In football these cycles happen and so it is now down to rebuilding a new squad and hopefully progress up the leagues over the next few years.
Wilder did it, Appleton did it. Now it’s down to Robinson to prove his worth by doing the same.

A lot of us could bu the ground by the time that happens. 😊

I spoke a few weeks ago about issues with some of our players, and how Robinson is supporting them.

It's not just the situation with Joel Cooper. Several players having young or expectant families, and others have personal issues that would test anyone. Covid has magnified everything, and footballers are not immune to dealing with the same worries and concerns we all have.

Robinson has his faults, but he is managing in exceptional circumstances with a number of players that need an arm around their shoulders more than a kick up the a**e.

Results are not good, but now is the time to come together and see through the tough times - on and off the pitch.
I agree with most of that BUT when you persist with a player out of position and then tell Rad Ox that "we feel he will get better and improve", it begs the question exactly how long will it be before he becomes a great competent DEFENDING full back. For me he looks a great forward running player who could be used to great affect but he's not a full back. How long can you continue to learn on the job.

Every team is now attacking that position for a reason, it's a weak link. Other defenders. who (might normally carry/support a new player) are themselves injured, off form or out of position. If KR and co persist more losses will mean a mountain to climb to regain lost confidence and that is not easy. Beating Wigan will only paper over the cracks - for now.

I agree with most of that BUT when you persist with a player out of position and then tell Rad Ox that "we feel he will get better and improve", it begs the question exactly how long will it be before he becomes a great competent DEFENDING full back. For me he looks a great forward running player who could be used to great affect but he's not a full back. How long can you continue to learn on the job.

Every team is now attacking that position for a reason, it's a weak link. Other defenders. who (might normally carry/support a new player) are themselves injured, off form or out of position. If KR and co persist more losses will mean a mountain to climb to regain lost confidence and that is not easy. Beating Wigan will only paper over the cracks - for now.
I'd take beating Wigan by any means at this moment in time !

Sean Clare hasn't been good enough, and he looks like he's really struggling with confidence. However, Sam Long is needed at centre back, Anthony Forde is needed in midfield and Jamie Hanson is knackered, so we have needed to persevere. There are small signs that Clare is getting better, and before Tuesday I would have said that things were looking more positive. But everyone played poorly and a reaction is needed.

If Atkinson is fully fit, then maybe he will come in and Long will move to RB. But options are limited and sometimes you have to support and encourage who you have rather than dropping them.

Sean Clare hasn't been good enough, and he looks like he's really struggling with confidence. However, Sam Long is needed at centre back, Anthony Forde is needed in midfield and Jamie Hanson is knackered, so we have needed to persevere. There are small signs that Clare is getting better, and before Tuesday I would have said that things were looking more positive. But everyone played poorly and a reaction is needed.

If Atkinson is fully fit, then maybe he will come in and Long will move to RB. But options are limited and sometimes you have to support and encourage who you have rather than dropping them.

well good news he said Atkinson is fully fit however Cooper Who should start has a family problem and has returned home and won’t be here for Saturday.

Mous is waiting on a knee operation that would put him out for a season. Sounds as though he shouldn't play at all this season. Begs the question, why is he in the squad and, why is he on the bench?
And yet we were told we didn’t need a new defender, and that any potential new recruit wouldn’t be fit before Mousinho anyway. Even though anybody with even 20% of their vision could see that Mousinho hasn’t even been wearing kit for over a month. Cracking little PR move putting him on to walk around the centre circle for five minutes the other week, though. Bought just enough time to get that winger in.

The problem with spinning yarn is that eventually it all unravels.

Back
Top Bottom