Manager/Coach Karl Robinson

If you turn up, you really won’t be welcome and don’t assume that people will behave and follow rules. The club are keeping the players and staff away from others as best they can to avoid breaching C19 protocols, please don’t put them in a difficult position. A better idea would be a mass email to the club showing support or Oxvox-led appreciation drive where fans can get messages to KR and the players.

It was only a couple of weeks ago that they were hoping to get some kind of fans representation back at the grounds, so I couldn’t see what was wrong if a small number of fans turned up at the training ground keeping socially distanced and away from the players etc.

Just clapped, few banners and a rendition of ‘we love you Oxford’ you know, similar to when people came out onto the streets to clap for NHS.

Don’t imagine it as a big group all congregated together with no care of C19, but as fans who just want to let the club/Karl know we’re there for them and can actually hear us live!

Anyway, just a thought.

It was only a couple of weeks ago that they were hoping to get some kind of fans representation back at the grounds, so I couldn’t see what was wrong if a small number of fans turned up at the training ground keeping socially distanced and away from the players etc.

Just clapped, few banners and a rendition of ‘we love you Oxford’ you know, similar to when people came out onto the streets to clap for NHS.

Don’t imagine it as a big group all congregated together with no care of C19, but as fans who just want to let the club/Karl know we’re there for them and can actually hear us live!

Anyway, just a thought.

Oxford has a covid infection rate of 148 per 100k, above a number of areas that have already gone into tier 2 measures. In addition, the club has had 2 games cancelled in the last 2 weeks and have openly criticised the lack approach to covid from other clubs.

Are we willing to put the players, staff and club reputation at risk for some ill thought public gesture?

Be good if we could get a banner made up for KR. He’s fully invested in this club it would be a good and safe way to show him our appreciation for everything he is doing for our club.

I think a covid safe way of sending a message that doesn't involve meeting in person is a great idea.

If he is struggling the club do have a psychologist in Gary Bloom and his wife is a mental health practitioner of some sort.

Maybe we could try something like this with yellow flares
Celtic fans set off flares as they greet team coaches ahead of Old Firm derby clash against Rangers

Maybe we could try something like this with yellow flares
Celtic fans set off flares as they greet team coaches ahead of Old Firm derby clash against Rangers

I`m sure TVP would welcome invoicing the club for the overtime, horses and every other bit of kit they bring along...

With some unfortunate results so far this season the sentiment of this thread as become more prudent in my view. It is a time when the more sane fans need to actively to stick up for KR, whether that be social media or otherwise.
We will soon (already have) have the usual weak minded and nasty natured individuals being abusive and offensive about KR, or indeed the club in general, when ever things are not going to plan.
(I'd put money on the term "Gobbo" making its return).

With some unfortunate results so far this season the sentiment of this thread as become more prudent in my view. It is a time when the more sane fans need to actively to stick up for KR, whether that be social media or otherwise.
We will soon (already have) have the usual weak minded and nasty natured individuals being abusive and offensive about KR, or indeed the club in general, when ever things are not going to plan.
(I'd put money on the term "Gobbo" making its return).

If I was you I'd stay off twitter tonight...

Marvellous Karl has got a lot of work to do, don’t get me wrong, he’s doing a lot of good for bringing the young players through etc etc BUT we haven’t won anything yet through his stewardship and before anyone says anything, we’ve every right to be pissed off, we are bottom of the league!

I wish Karl well. Of course i do, its a horrible time for us all. Will i be sending cheers etc through the post? Nope. Hes got a 4 year highly paid contract, id love that security. He fluffed his lines at Wembley, he recruited poorly and we are rock bottom.

When we start to perform well, he will get all the praise in the world.

What sort of contract are you on kip?
Nonsensical to put browne and Jamos errors of judgement at Wembley on karl
We don't know what recruitment restrictions hes working to

What sort of contract are you on kip?
Nonsensical to put browne and Jamos errors of judgement at Wembley on karl
We don't know what recruitment restrictions hes working to
If my company decide im not performing or im not needed ill get 4 weeks pay. 4 years guaranteed salary would be lovely. And if my Service Levels were the same as Karls at this moment, after fluffing the biggest opportunity my company had in years, my director would be asking questions.

Im assuming Karl signed the deal knowing recruitment options etc.

I have nothing against Karl, i like him, i want him to do well. He cares. Is he doing a good job at present. No. Hes doing the worst job in the division objectively. Footballs a results business.

Lools like you need to take your doomsday approach to your own employment contract chap.

We are 5 games in with a game in hand mate.

Back
Top Bottom