Manager/Coach Karl Robinson

ECYellow

Having listened to a lot of the quotes from Karl in recent weeks, I cannot help but get the impression that he has really been struggling with the current Covid situation and his own state of mind.

We know Karl is the kind of guy that likes a crowd, enjoys being the focal point and leading his team in front of supporters while very much being the face of our club. With no fans in grounds and no sign of an end to the current situation, I have been wondering just how much it’s taken it’s toll on our Manager?

He appears to have lost his zest in the interviews he carries out and I wonder if it’s had a slight knock on effect to the players?

I for one, would somehow love to get our message across to Karl, his team and the players that we are all right behind them.

Ideas on a postcard are most welcomed...

I think you bring up a very valid point! KR is the heartbeat of the club and is a very emotional guy. It must be especially hard on a 'home' match day when he does so much to interact with the crowd and to get the players fired up.

As for suggestions I can't think of much but on Saturday we could all text in/tweet/email to radio Oxford with messages of support for KR and although they all won't get read out they could be shown to him or printed for him. Its not much but it is something, better than a lot of the negativity that usually get put through the radio Oxford texts and tweets.

can’t crowd noise be played over the pa? i know some may think it’s tinpot but some of our catchy ditty’s from the oufc song book may give a little boost to the players and KR

Having listened to a lot of the quotes from Karl in recent weeks, I cannot help but get the impression that he has really been struggling with the current Covid situation and his own state of mind.

We know Karl is the kind of guy that likes a crowd, enjoys being the focal point and leading his team in front of supporters while very much being the face of our club. With no fans in grounds and no sign of an end to the current situation, I have been wondering just how much it’s taken it’s toll on our Manager?

He appears to have lost his zest in the interviews he carries out and I wonder if it’s had a slight knock on effect to the players?

I for one, would somehow love to get our message across to Karl, his team and the players that we are all right behind them.

Socially distanced meet up at the training ground?

Sing some songs “we love you Oxford” etc and there’s only one KR!

Think it would be nice if we surprised the team/Karl if we arranged just to turn up

Last edited:
Personally, I would use the clubs conduit for all matters of media, Chris Williams. He does a fantastic job of bringing things together and is popular with everyone at the club. His daily interaction with both Karl and the players, not to mention all the backroom staff, is an ideal way of communicating our feelings and support for all at the club, not just Karl.

We all have our moments and none of us are immune from throwing the odd criticism at the club/manager/player etc. but, it is our club and we are passionate about everything connected to the club.

chriswilliams@oufc.co.uk

Was the fans montage put together before Wembley done by @OxVox ? Could we look at doing something similar for the Swindon game, but also to say thank you to Karl and how much the club means to us during these difficult times.

Perhaps someone could set up a drop-box or similar where people could upload video messages of support?

Maybe fans should send letters of support to the club which can then be pinned up in the dressing room ahead of games. Simple idea but could be effective

Socially distanced meet up at the training ground?

Sing some songs “we love you Oxford” etc and there’s only one KR!

Think it would be nice if we surprised the team/Karl if we arranged just to turn up
Stupid idea - the club have gone to great lengths to maintain very stringent C19 protocols (unlike some other clubs so I hear :)) and the last thing they need is random people turning up in a group however well intentioned.

quite easy to do. for home games set up a zoom meeting for vetted oxford fans such as season ticket holders. Link the sound to the tannoy system and lets the songs roll.,

Maybe a banner with a supportive message to KR on display at the ground ?

For the Swindon game there will plenty (more) flags banners etc..

If you’ve got anything in relation to that, get it to the stadium and it’ll be put on display.

Stupid idea - the club have gone to great lengths to maintain very stringent C19 protocols (unlike some other clubs so I hear :)) and the last thing they need is random people turning up in a group however well intentioned.

Not as a group, but a spread out number of people. You could have 20-30 people spread out/OUTSIDE.

We play football outside with various groups/sports clubs e.g. rugby, football, hockey etc so easily 50+ people spread out around the sports ground!!

Even some football clubs/leagues are allowed a certain number of people/crowd e.g. I thought one of the featured games last weekend on Radio Oxford had a crowd of 350 fans!!

Last edited:
Not as a group, but a spread out number of people. You could have 20-30 people spread out/OUTSIDE.

We play football outside with various groups/sports clubs e.g. rugby, football, hockey etc so easily 50+ people spread out around the sports ground!!

Even some football clubs/leagues are allowed a certain number of people/crowd e.g. I thought one of the featured games last weekend on Radio Oxford has a crowd of 350 fans!!
If you turn up, you really won’t be welcome and don’t assume that people will behave and follow rules. The club are keeping the players and staff away from others as best they can to avoid breaching C19 protocols, please don’t put them in a difficult position. A better idea would be a mass email to the club showing support or Oxvox-led appreciation drive where fans can get messages to KR and the players.

quite easy to do. for home games set up a zoom meeting for vetted oxford fans such as season ticket holders. Link the sound to the tannoy system and lets the songs roll.,
Doesn’t work because zoom is designed to stop having people talking over each other. Also the synchronisation of voices will even worse than in the ground (if that’s even possible!). (I’m a singer and can definitely say that every approach to choir singing over zoom has been tried and has failed over the last 6 months!).

Keep The Faith .... Karl Robinson will push and get the team though this and himself l am sure.

Back
Top Bottom