Manager/Coach Karl Robinson - Will he walk

The only question I have is if we get promoted to the championship WHEN we are fighting relegation this time next season will the people on here be calling on robbo to go? I will just ask that if we do get promoted to just remember that we will have by far the lowest budget and in are current situation it would be a massive achievement to go up. Coyy

We don't have to spend an extra penny if we go up. If we want to win games we will have to, but it's not compulsory.
You never know, the stars might align....maybe Brentford will loan us Shandon and Tarique when they get promoted to the Prem :unsure:

Will we get parachute payments when we come back down, I wonder or is that just relegation from the top flight?

The only question I have is if we get promoted to the championship WHEN we are fighting relegation this time next season will the people on here be calling on robbo to go?
But as football fans we can't just sit back and say "Oooohhh errrrr...don't fancy promotion 'cos we might get relegated from the higher league", or "don't fancy promotion 'cos the prices will go up".
We want our team to succeed and compete at the next level up if we've demonstrated we are good enough to be promoted!
Who knows, we might do ok!
And if we get involved in a relegation battle in the Championship and succeed in staying up, that's progress. Result!
I suspect that fans' attitude towards KR would depend on the nature of our performances and how close we came to staying up.
But there's no reason to assume we'll just be relegation fodder.

But as football fans we can't just sit back and say "Oooohhh errrrr...don't fancy promotion 'cos we might get relegated from the higher league", or "don't fancy promotion 'cos the prices will go up".
We want our team to succeed and compete at the next level up if we've demonstrated we are good enough to be promoted!
Who knows, we might do ok!
And if we get involved in a relegation battle in the Championship and succeed in staying up, that's progress. Result!
I suspect that fans' attitude towards KR would depend on the nature of our performances and how close we came to staying up.
But there's no reason to assume we'll just be relegation fodder.
Spot on @Shropshire U

So anyone relegated from the Champ gets £230k, whereas relegation from the Prem is worth £millions in parachute payments....?

If we get promoted to the Championship - then I can almost guarantee that the model we would follow would be the same as Luton have this year.

Hate to complement that club too much, but their CEO does talk a bunch of sense:

"We're still operating on the League Two and League One financial fair play rule, salary cost management, [whereby] we couldn't spend any more than 60% of our turnover on player salaries."

That's what we should be doing in that scenario as well. That would mean an increased wage bill (because TV and matchday revenues would be significantly higher), but a sustainable one that wouldn't put the club at risk.

It would also of course mean that we would be running at a massive - seriously massive - competitive disadvantage to the vast majority of the other teams in the Championship. So a season like Luton are currently having would be likely......

......but still, a year of going toe-to-toe with some very big clubs, 10k fans at the Kasstad every week, and a puncher's chance of staying up (as Luton still have)? I'd be up for that. Sounds like a lot of fun! As fans, we'd just need to modify our expectations accordingly. Every win would be a giant-killing worth celebrating, every draw would be a decent result, and we would have to learn to shrug off defeats and not get on our manager's back unreasonably.

So anyone relegated from the Champ gets £230k, whereas relegation from the Prem is worth £millions in parachute payments....?
230k? That’s less than what L2 in payments, thought they had one payment of what they remain being in the championship which I believe is 3.5 million

You never know, the stars might align....maybe Brentford will loan us Shandon and Tarique when they get promoted to the Prem :unsure:

Will we get parachute payments when we come back down, I wonder or is that just relegation from the top flight?

According to an Ipswich fan on another site, the parachute payment lasts for 1 season and and is around 10% or so of the regular Championship money, so around £600k on top of the usual L1 money.

Genuinely think if we held onto our current squad and made a few tactical additions (cadden back eh?) we would have a very good chance of staying in the championship. So on that basis, with the extra league money and higher attendances it appears financially doable ?

Genuinely think if we held onto our current squad and made a few tactical additions (cadden back eh?) we would have a very good chance of staying in the championship. So on that basis, with the extra league money and higher attendances it appears financially doable ?
If we didn’t lose anyone and signed Grigg, Taylor, Browne and Cadden, we’d have a very good chance.

Anyone who thinks KR would go to Ipswich, and has access to an Athletic subscription, should read the article on them posted this morning. Sounds like an complete sh*tshow.

Back
Top Bottom