Manager/Coach Karl Robinson - Will he walk

Yes, I do. Blackpool cannot contact a manager, if the club he works for have not given him permission to talk to them. It doesn't work like that. I think KR's interview last night was more sounding out the board and letting them know what his expectations are, come the summer. Interest is always going to be there but like many alluded to, he could leave us for a 'better deal' and end up like Appleton; managing someone shite within 18 months.

People can bring up their stadium, their time in the PL and whatever else but as it stands right now, they are an inferior football team. If he wants success, he will have a better chance at achieving that, with us.
Couldn't he just resign, if he wanted that job and the board didn't let them speak to him?

Couldn't he just resign, if he wanted that job and the board didn't let them speak to him?
More likely that KR would go back to the board and ask for permission IF he wanted to and IF Blackpool hadn't been put off by the original refusal. At that point I think the board would have little chance of saying no and potentially ruining any chance of compo from Blackpool, which they would lose if Robbo simply resigned.

Not out of the woods until Blackpool appoint a manager not called Karl Robinson...and even then the genie is somewhat out of the bottle, is it not? Will take a big effort from both sides to cork that one back up.

Blackpools timing (from our rivals point of view) has been impeccable!

isn't it possible that KR's posturing, besides wanting "assurances", is to work himself a better contract? "Hey Tiger, Blackpool want me, kick me a few more quid to keep me happy" etc. Can't do that without a little media interplay...

Tiger is just flexing his muscles, you can’t have the tail wagging the dog and like it or not that is the right way around.

hmm not sure about that in football, it happens ( tail wagging the dog) for most televised live games

its Tiger ( & the boards) financial muscle, and whether he/they will fund a Championship side in reality, not in the pr world of soundbite spin, that is of real interest, certainly to me

Well, thats that then! (unlucky @greatunclekip)

“When a club is doing well there will always be interest in the Manager as well as players; that is inevitable and we thank Blackpool for going through the right procedure. Everything has been done properly and we wish them well in their search for a new Manager.

“Karl is a central part of what we are building and I hope will be here for many years to come.

“To set the record straight, we spoke to Blackpool yesterday before the game but I didn’t want to disturb Karl’s pre-match routine. It was unfortunate that rumours started coming out just before kick off, but I rang immediately after the game although Karl was very busy as usual at that time, and by that stage it was 5am in Bangkok and even I need a little sleep sometimes!

“We talked this morning, and we talked a lot about last night’s game, an important win, and then about our plans for the rest of the season.

"The team is playing so well right now and we are chasing down the teams above us. It is going to be such an exciting finish and we look forward to facing the challenge together.”

Another episode of talking loud and saying nothing? .... Im not (as yet) convinced,Rad Ox 5 min Fans Forum (assuming KR is still here of course !), may bit a bit more enlightening ?

He would have to pay or get what ever team he was going to, to pay off his contract. The board won't just let him leave, also the board haven't done anything wrong by refusing permission for Blackpool and robbo to talk. Robbo might of been miffed off the board didn't tell him but the request come in from Blackpool during match preparations and didn't want to affect the team. Trouble is the word came out and was being talked about during the match and robbo having a pop at the board on Rad Ox hasn't helped the situation one bit. Hopefully Blackpool will appoint someone else this week and Robbo and everyone else can forget about it and move on and try to get in the playoffs where he will have something else to add to his cv.

More likely that KR would go back to the board and ask for permission IF he wanted to and IF Blackpool hadn't been put off by the original refusal. At that point I think the board would have little chance of saying no and potentially ruining any chance of compo from Blackpool, which they would lose if Robbo simply resigned.
I'm pretty sure that's not right.
KR can resign if the club refuse to let him talk to Blackpool
Oufc can then stop him working at Blackpool until the compensation has been agreed.
Ince he has resigned the clubs priority will be to get the right compensation.
So by simply rsdigning it doesnt mean that Blackpool get him 'for free'

Would have taken something in the region of £30-£50. They massively limit stakes on these markets.
I once put £10 on Martin Allen becoming our Manager when Mickey Lewis was temporarily in charge because the turnstile operator said he'd seen him at the ground. The odds moved from 16/1 to 5/1 on the basis of that tenner! We then appointed Gary Waddock……..

Don't forget Tiger stuck with KR when we lost something like 10 games in a row! Deserves a lot of credit for that, most people on here wanted KR sacked.
An alternative view might be that he didn't have any other decent manager to turn to and also didn't want to pay any severance.

Wouldnt it be nice to just bloody hear Robinson say he’s happy and committed to OUFC so we can all put this B*****s to bed once and for all?!

Even if Blackpool appoint somebody else there will be a slight whiff in the air that Robinson was tempted to go and the only reason he didnt is because Blackpool went elsewhere. How can that be conducive to a stable environment?

Its a bit like when you’re with a beautiful girl...... ?

He would have to pay or get what ever team he was going to, to pay off his contract. The board won't just let him leave, also the board haven't done anything wrong by refusing permission for Blackpool and robbo to talk. Robbo might of been miffed off the board didn't tell him but the request come in from Blackpool during match preparations and didn't want to affect the team. Trouble is the word came out and was being talked about during the match and robbo having a pop at the board on Rad Ox hasn't helped the situation one bit. Hopefully Blackpool will appoint someone else this week and Robbo and everyone else can forget about it and move on and try to get in the playoffs where he will have something else to add to his cv.
This is the whole point for me - that timing absolutely can't be an accident, and neither can the Sky reporter happening to turn up. Blackpool wanted to make the request then deliberately have word get out, over the course of a match when KR would of course be in the dark, to create unease and discord. For all Tiger's thanking Blackpool for behaving in the right way, this all seems maliciously premeditated imo.

I have trouble understanding why the hell Robinson would swap a club battling for promotion with a club in managerial chaos.
Charlton were in a similar league position when, after the board there ( Charlton) were in a similar kind of position that OUFC board have created for themselves, then KR left Charlton for (then) managerless Oxford.... that apart though :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom