Manager/Coach Karl Robinson - Will he walk

The bookies make so much money based on ‘rumours’ which that the likes of Sky and others have their journalists leak.

Be interested to know the amount of money that was placed on KR to see his odds shorten so dramatically.

I seem to remember from somewhere that it's as little as 20 bets or a low four figures in total spread over a couple of hours that can change an outsider to an odds-on favourite. Don't quote me on that though...

They were obviously not that keen on him then, there are ways and means.
As you say things move on..
It is quite surprising how often a manager is successful at one club but not at another. Michael Appleton from a career point of view has stagnated since he left Oxford. Although probably earned a lot of money at Leicester.

Last edited:
The furor about Karl talking out loud is a little rich. For 18 months (until Zaki has had a go) he's been the only voice prepared to speak to the fanbase. Like it or not, we appreciated him informing the fans of wage issues, HMRC issues, stadium issues whilst the Board sat quietly not knowing what to say or do. You can't have it both ways.

The club refused to comment yesterday on the speculation/questions. They didn't comment until half-time last night when they reluctantly told BBC Radio Oxford of an approach. Shove the manager under the mic and what do you expect him to do. He's the only club employee who speaks and at least tries to be transparent. He was always going to be prickly about it.

The club official statement this morning, which Tiger has - I'd suggest - been advised to do to quell fears and speculation says very little apart from what lovely conduct Blackpool FC adhered too and the fact, Tiger called Karl to chat with him and explain why the club failed to inform their manager, whilst questions were being thrown at him. How about blast Blackpool for the lack of consideration making approaches hours before a league match?

For a couple who regularly tell the fanbase how close they are, I do raise my eyebrows.

It is very clear he's been let down. A proportion of the fanbase are continually questioning the club ambition and mixed messages that are being offered out. Karl has jumped on that too and is making his point known. Fair play to him. The Board knew what they were getting when we went after Karl.

Football clubs might not intentionally lie, I'm not suggesting this club does that, but football clubs up and down the country don't have to tell the truth. There is a difference.

So we're all in it together is the claim from Tiger. The Board need to decide what they want to do and provide some clear direction on aspiration and ambition because I'm with Karl, there seems to be some confusion and conflict at the moment.

And to end, the club or officials need to be careful with their actions or the perception it can leave to a manager, staff of supporters. Anyone who thinks it appropriate, whilst your manager is brewing over JAN transfer activity and potentially having some issues internally, to bring your ex Manager from Reading as Guest/VIP to a home game, is bonkers. A silly ill-thought out invitation - Jaap Stam can steer clear of this club.

The furor about Karl talking out loud is a little rich. For 18 months (until Zaki has had a go) he's been the only voice prepared to speak to the fanbase. Like it or not, we appreciated him informing the fans of wage issues, HMRC issues, stadium issues whilst the Board sat quietly not knowing what to say or do. You can't have it both ways.

The club refused to comment yesterday on the speculation/questions. They didn't comment until half-time last night when they reluctantly told BBC Radio Oxford of an approach. Shove the manager under the mic and what do you expect him to do. He's the only club employee who speaks and at least tries to be transparent. He was always going to be prickly about it.

The club official statement this morning, which Tiger has - I'd suggest - been advised to do to quell fears and speculation says very little apart from what lovely conduct Blackpool FC adhered too and the fact, Tiger called Karl to chat with him and explain why the club failed to inform their manager, whilst questions were being thrown at him. How about blast Blackpool for the lack of consideration making approaches hours before a league match?

For a couple who regularly tell the fanbase how close they are, I do raise my eyebrows.

It is very clear he's been let down. A proportion of the fanbase are continually questioning the club ambition and mixed messages that are being offered out. Karl has jumped on that too and is making his point known. Fair play to him. The Board knew what they were getting when we went after Karl.

Football clubs might not intentionally lie, I'm not suggesting this club does that, but football clubs up and down the country don't have to tell the truth. There is a difference.

So we're all in it together is the claim from Tiger. The Board need to decide what they want to do and provide some clear direction on aspiration and ambition because I'm with Karl, there seems to be some confusion and conflict at the moment.

And to end, the club or officials need to be careful with their actions or the perception it can leave to a manager, staff of supporters. Anyone who thinks it appropriate, whilst your manager is brewing over JAN transfer activity and potentially having some issues internally, to bring your ex Manager from Reading as Guest/VIP to a home game, is bonkers. A silly ill-thought out invitation - Jaap Stam can steer clear of this club.
I dont think the Stam visit was entirely coincidental. Theres some real brinkmanship going on here, with Robbo making his feelings known, Robbos agent making his feelings known, and Tiger making it clear that the world keeps spinning.

I dont think the Stam visit was entirely coincidental. Theres some real brinkmanship going on here, with Robbo making his feelings known, Robbos agent making his feelings known, and Tiger making it clear that the world keeps spinning.
I'm not so sure. The relationship would have to have sunk to a really low and unprofessional state for the chairman to invite someone to a match just to P**s the manager off. I really don't think he wants to P**s the manager off.

Well, thats that then! (unlucky @greatunclekip)

“When a club is doing well there will always be interest in the Manager as well as players; that is inevitable and we thank Blackpool for going through the right procedure. Everything has been done properly and we wish them well in their search for a new Manager.

“Karl is a central part of what we are building and I hope will be here for many years to come.

“To set the record straight, we spoke to Blackpool yesterday before the game but I didn’t want to disturb Karl’s pre-match routine. It was unfortunate that rumours started coming out just before kick off, but I rang immediately after the game although Karl was very busy as usual at that time, and by that stage it was 5am in Bangkok and even I need a little sleep sometimes!

“We talked this morning, and we talked a lot about last night’s game, an important win, and then about our plans for the rest of the season.

"The team is playing so well right now and we are chasing down the teams above us. It is going to be such an exciting finish and we look forward to facing the challenge together.”

Do we really believe this is the end of it??
Really hope he doesn't do what he done at Charlton to us, he could've been sacked last season but the board stuck by him and now its paying off, can we just have some bloody stability for a couple of years!!!!!

Really hope he doesn't do what he done at Charlton to us, he could've been sacked last season but the board stuck by him and now its paying off, can we just have some bloody stability for a couple of years!!!!!
Yes, I do. Blackpool cannot contact a manager, if the club he works for have not given him permission to talk to them. It doesn't work like that. I think KR's interview last night was more sounding out the board and letting them know what his expectations are, come the summer. Interest is always going to be there but like many alluded to, he could leave us for a 'better deal' and end up like Appleton; managing someone shite within 18 months.

People can bring up their stadium, their time in the PL and whatever else but as it stands right now, they are an inferior football team. If he wants success, he will have a better chance at achieving that, with us.

I suppose it depends if Blackpool appoint someone else in the next few days. If they do then there will be no job, and probably nothing else coming up until the end of the season. So even if Robinson wasn't happy (and I don't think he's desperate to leave) then he may as well see this season through and hopefully add another promotion to his cv.

I totally agree with Brahma’s post but Robinson’s rather bullish interview last night might have been ill advised in hindsight if Blackpool have indeed quickly adjust their sights elsewhere.

some very short memories on here, So Karl should be grateful that a board who have had numerous wup in their "short" tenure and the custodian seeking non payments, "actually stuck by him rather than the other way around" whilst rome was almost burning. He kept the club in this league when the alternative would have been a disaster for the club has shown what a decent manager he is producing a side that had the most shots ever against Peps Man City, totally destroyed West Ham and players who clearly believe in him and want to play for him.
He then has us almost touching promotion and asks us to show we are a big club with ambition and that did not materialize, meanwhile players are allowed to go at the wrong time, possibly and likely affecting morale..He and us are meant to accept grabbing the silver gambling with said promotion chances and actual informs that you know what these players and this club could go places if we could keep this side together and add where required what is wrong with those words exactly?

Now on here we have some fans questioning him and virtual returning to the offensive Gobbo remarks

As i said previously Mapp got slaughtered for going to a prem club and now it seems just like him Karl is weighing up what just may lay ahead, so it's ok for the players to seek to further their careers but not the manager especially when he might be getting the wrong vibes about ambition to match his own?

some very short memories on here, So Karl should be grateful that a board who have had numerous wup in their "short" tenure and the custodian seeking non payments, "actually stuck by him rather than the other way around" whilst rome was almost burning. He kept the club in this league when the alternative would have been a disaster for the club has shown what a decent manager he is producing a side that had the most shots ever against Peps Man City, totally destroyed West Ham and players who clearly believe in him and want to play for him.
He then has us almost touching promotion and asks us to show we are a big club with ambition and that did not materialize, meanwhile players are allowed to go at the wrong time, possibly and likely affecting morale..He and us are meant to accept grabbing the silver gambling with said promotion chances and actual informs that you know what these players and this club could go places if we could keep this side together and add where required what is wrong with those words exactly?

Now on here we have some fans questioning him and virtual returning to the offensive Gobbo remarks

As i said previously Mapp got slaughtered for going to a prem club and now it seems just like him Karl is weighing up what just may lay ahead, so it's ok for the players to seek to further their careers but not the manager especially when he might be getting the wrong vibes about ambition to match his own?

i think we could all handle it if he was off to the PL but Blackpool ?

Back
Top Bottom