Manager/Coach Karl Robinson - Will he walk

Quite right. A bit like our Prime Minister!

Yes sometimes he really needs to think before he speaks. My favourite quote of his is.. It's not my club its your club... Last time I checked your the manager so it is your club!

It is my understanding that Karl has been given the assurances he seeks and that the likes of Grigg are still being pursued and that he was only joking when sounding pissed off back in jan and when saying that he would walk if anyone else left.

Having previously written of concerns with the board i can only apologize for being negative and writing such drivel lately
Mods! Scotchegg has hacked horseman’s account! ?

That would have been OK if news hadn't leaked out. But it did, and made that post match interview excruciating listening. TBH a text to Robinson immediately after the final whistle saying 'Great win. Blackpool have asked if they talk to you, phone me as soon as you can. Hugs and kisses, Tiger' would have at least given the bloke a heads up.

Unless it was a sarcastic post, didn't somebody on here mention that NMcW told KR after the final whistle?

That would have been OK if news hadn't leaked out. But it did, and made that post match interview excruciating listening. TBH a text to Robinson immediately after the final whistle saying 'Great win. Blackpool have asked if they talk to you, phone me as soon as you can. Hugs and kisses, Tiger' would have at least given the bloke a heads up.
He would’ve known. As I said, Blackpool wouldn’t have risked showing themselves up by approaching a contracted manager unless they knew it was at least worth asking the question. It would make them look tinpot and potentially make other targets question their status if they made a bid only for the manager himself to go “No chance, why would I go there?”

He can say what he likes, but KR knew full well before that match that Blackpool are sniffing.

This.
The fact that they are below us in this season's table means nothing. They have new, ambitious owners and it's a good time to go there now the Oyston years are over. They have a better stadium than us, bigger crowds and have been in the top two flights many more seasons than us in their history.

At least our players appear to be demonstrating loyalty to KR. The upturn in form seems to have coincided with KR's unease with what happened in January.

Well some people seem to find it as easy to write off what has happened here so it isn't a great surprise.

I think it’s safe to assume that Robinson doesn’t lack self-belief and is very ambitious. I think he said during an interview that he wants to be done with management within 10 years (before he’s 60) He’s looking for the steepest trajectory he can take I think.

A sideways move 3/4 of the season through doesn't make sense then. He may as well stay, try and get us promoted, then jump ship to a championship team next season. He could go to Blackpool build a team and they miss out on promotion while spending like Sunderland and won't have got any further or added anything to his cv than he already has.

I think it’s safe to assume that Robinson doesn’t lack self-belief and is very ambitious. I think he said during an interview that he wants to be done with management within 10 years (before he’s 60) He’s looking for the steepest trajectory he can take I think.
Robinson is still only 39 so possibly wants to be done within 20 years?

It is my understanding that Karl has been given the assurances he seeks and that the likes of Grigg are still being pursued and that he was only joking when sounding pissed off back in jan and when saying that he would walk if anyone else left.

Having previously written of concerns with the board i can only apologize for being negative and writing such drivel lately
You are Scotchegg in disguise and I claim my £10

KR basically has been given the assurances that he was looking for. I feel now is the time for him to come clean with the obvious syatement.

KR basically has been given the assurances that he was looking for. I feel now is the time for him to come clean with the obvious syatement.
? Am I missing something?
How do you know (or is this a whoosh)?

It's like groundhog day, Managers / owners come and go.
They all try they all complain, Managers over budgets and expectations owners about losing 2 Mill a year.

The model of develop and sell.... rinse and repeat!

Meanwhile we get shafted as we again get to the lofty heights, only for a another smack in the face and a bloody nose.
Guys we have peaked we cannot go higher and we hate the idea of going down.....

Kassam sits pretty, have I got the answer, No..

But it is pretty depressing seeing the same old churn..

Interesting that we played Blackpool the day after the transfer window closed and the failure to reinvest any of the money received for Baptiste & Fosu.

I would imagine that KR was not a happy bunny at the time, something may have been said or indicated then re Blackpool?

I think Robinson likes to play a bit of a game with the media myself.
I think he plays games with everybody - media, fans, owners - and isn’t bothered about anything beyond his own standing and profile, regardless of the headaches he causes and messes he makes along the way. Which is why I’m not as big of a fan of his ‘showmanship’ as others seem to be, because I think that he’s somebody who can cause quite a lot of problems, or leave quite a lot of damage behind, rather than just going about things quietly and leaving people to get on with it. I think he would rather have people on his side than the club’s, even if as a result of that he moves somewhere else and leaves behind a fan base that he has helped fracture and pull away from the rest of the club. No problem with people looking after themselves in football, it is a ruthless industry, but you can choose to go about it in various different ways. I think he always has, and always will, pick the way that gives him the most attention and puts him on the highest pedestal. There are two people in this - KR the coach and KR the man. I don’t like the way KR the man ultimately conducts himself when you watch what he does, rather than listening to what he says. Very different things, and not many people seem willing or able to do that in this modern age of soundbites and short attention spans.

Anyway, not much more to add. He’s on the radio tomorrow (what timing!) and I expect him to use that platform to either draw a firm line under all this, put it to bed and see out the season in dignified silence, or he can have one final moment in the sun before clearing off the next day. This can’t carry on one way or the other, and the longer it does the more it will start to reflect badly on him, because it will start to show that this is ultimately about him being the star, not about unity or togetherness. Things he likes to claim are important to him, despite fuelling situations like this by spending weeks and weeks digging out his bosses and then publicly flirting with another club.

The bookies make so much money based on ‘rumours’ which that the likes of Sky and others have their journalists leak.

Be interested to know the amount of money that was placed on KR to see his odds shorten so dramatically.

Back
Top Bottom