Manager/Coach Karl Robinson - Will he walk

If KR does leave and imo I think he wants to talk to Blackpool then we will get JS who was at the Wimbledon game as ST guess abit strange i know who I’d rather have and it ent JS or ST

I sort of get the Appleton type vibes that Robbo wants a promotion to the Championship and from there a move to a bigger club, and that sticking around at a league 1 club which doesn't have the ambition / budget for much more than a tilt at a play-off place isn't going to achieve that.

Why would KR want to go to Blackpool apart from a holiday, he's done so much here and has built a very competitive squad that just might give us a shot at promotion this season.

Why would KR want to go to Blackpool apart from a holiday, he's done so much here and has built a very competitive squad that just might give us a shot at promotion this season.
I don't think he will...until the end of the season.

I would seriously love to see the club prove me wrong on this one, but I'm starting to think that both the club and KR are between a rock and a hard place and a "conscious uncoupling" over the summer may be on the cards. I think their ambitions are starting to diverge and great club though we are, we are still a small club and if a bigger or seemingly more ambitious club comes along with deeper pockets, then there is little we can do to stand in the way of our relatively successful and very ambitious manager.

C'est la vie!

I sort of get the Appleton type vibes that Robbo wants a promotion to the Championship and from there a move to a bigger club, and that sticking around at a league 1 club which doesn't have the ambition / budget for much more than a tilt at a play-off place isn't going to achieve that.
Didn’t work for Appleton bar money though did it.

We all know that KR will contradict himself from one interview to the next; compare his "I'll be seeking assurances" statement to "I talk to Tiger more often than I talk to my wife" soundbite from the weekend. I tend to take anything that comes from his mouth with a pinch of salt and I would have thought he is well aware of the club's plans, so what assurance is he seeking (some sort of budget committal aside)?

What seems slightly smelly about this is the timing and manner of this coming into the public domain. I can't believe that Blackpool rocked up yesterday with their interest, but I can believe that OUFC told them to take a long walk off a short pier - and that should have been the end of it, as it has been with every managerial vacancy approach and I'm pretty sure this isn't the first.

Instead, we have a sky reporter who has no interest in the club suddenly coming to a game after 20 odd years and having an exclusive scoop on the subject a hour or so before the game. Incredible coincidence or deliberate leak? Whether that would be an attempt to unsettle Robinson himself, the team or the club and fanbase as a whole, I don't know and yes, I'm aware that as conspiracy theories go, it's up there with the best, but it's all a little "convenient" for me.
I don't think this even qualifies as a conspiracy theory. Using Occam's Razor, why else would she have been there? I can't imagine anyone from OUFC was on the phone to Sky saying we've just rejected a bid for our manager, and only representatives of OUFC and Blackpool would have known anything about the approach. Blackpool have got what they presumably wanted in unsettling everyone at OUFC, too. Extremely unimpressed by them.

I don't think it's about going to Blackpool. He says he knew nothing about the approach (always unsettling I think when this stuff comes out on a match day). I think it's more to do with feeling like the board match his ambitions and that everyone is on the same page. The worry for me is that he hasn't 100% said he isn't leaving.

I don't think this even qualifies as a conspiracy theory. Using Occam's Razor, why else would she have been there? I can't imagine anyone from OUFC was on the phone to Sky saying we've just rejected a bid for our manager, and only representatives of OUFC and Blackpool would have known anything about the approach. Blackpool have got what they presumably wanted in unsettling everyone at OUFC, too. Extremely unimpressed by them.
Or Robbos agent has?

The worry for me is it'll drag on for loads more pages.

Incredibly, @PottersRightBoot has got it exactly right, imo - a broken carbon-dating machine is right once every iteration of history evidently.

• React
Reactions: MJB
Or Robbos agent has?
Possible but unlikely imo. Genuinely believe KR hadn’t heard anything about it when he was interviewed, and as far as I understand it it’s illegal for clubs to go to players/coaches behind another club’s back. Not saying that that means they haven’t, but seems more likely to me that they’re the ones who leaked it.

Maybe Blackpool have done everything by the book here and rather than a covert operation to whet the managers appetite and then make an official approach to the club to get permission to talk to him, they have actually approached the club first.....just maybe?

I'm thinking back to when robbo was at mk Dons and kept finishing in the top six in league one for about 4 to5 yearsbut not going up, and I wonder whether that is playing on his mind after the recent hiccup over the window in that he fears falling short with us like that again.
Whether Blackpool is the obvious solution I doubt, but maybe a signal to more championship equipped sides that he would consider a move in the summer if/when we fall short?
PS hope not

This club is f*****g nuts.

Selling Fosbap in January was something but letting the manager leave for a team placed lower than us in February all whilst the team is having it's most successful season in a while, it is well placed to challenge for play offs and the clubs profile is on the rise.

You couldn't make it up. Can anyone name another team where such rubbish has happened?

Did not the Bristol Rovers Manager leave when they were in or virtually in the playoff places earlier this season and drop a division to Mansfield ?
Also funny the rumors were the chairman was going to sell some personnel...

Last edited:
This club is f*****g nuts.

Selling Fosbap in January was something but letting the manager leave for a team placed lower than us in February all whilst the team is having it's most successful season in a while, it is well placed to challenge for play offs and the clubs profile is on the rise.

You couldn't make it up. Can anyone name another team where such rubbish has happened?
Bristol Rovers.

money/closer to home/more ambition/bigger ground which they own......and so on

Back
Top Bottom