Manager/Coach Karl Robinson - Will he walk

This issue will give us a real insight into how this board really operate.
I have said previously we are in no position as a club to play in the championship, we do not have the infrastructure, revenue streams to finance this.
I notice our MD has been very quiet lately, we do not want to be spoon fed tales of grand plans or about becoming a global brand.

Most of us just want to understand that there is a real sustainable plan in place, short, medium and long term.

I am going to hold off judging too much until we see what happens, I guess KR wants to know these answers too and he has the support of the vast majority of U's fans!

Robbo has got his tactics all wrong off field. He should be keeping his mouth shut and delivering as high a finish as possible for the season.
He then will have his pick of available jobs. Not just Blackpool.

That would be ‘doing it for the fans’. Instead of no comment, he just keeps on talking.
As for the club owners well have said it before and will say it again. We are at the absolute limit of our capabilities in the pyramid in respect of current asset structure and financial capabilities. it’s er an acid test.

And an extremely bad timed acid test. Something eventually has to give. Despite us playing some of the most scintillating football since the eighties.

Robbo has got his tactics all wrong off field. He should be keeping his mouth shut and delivering as high a finish as possible for the season.

That would be ‘doing it for the fans’. Instead of no comment, he just keeps on talking.
As for the club owners well have said it before and will say it again. We are at the absolute limit of our capabilities in the pyramid in respect of current asset structure and financial capabilities. it’s er an acid test.

And an extremely bad timed acid test. Something eventually has to give. Despite us playing some of the most scintillating football since the eighties.

We’ve always known that he’s an emotion guy who struggles to keep his mouth shut, hence the nickname Gobbo when things weren’t going too well.

I guess this way we truly get to know the board’s true colours!

That fist that Karl made to the directors box/Zaki after one of the recent games seems to bear fruit now!

I do have to smile a bit when managers start talking in terms of medium to long term planning.

How often do they actually stay around to see them through? For most clubs outside the established Premiership elite, it's a case of...be successful one season....off to bigger things the next. Be a failure one season and binned off (if the club can afford to) the next.

We have been given a chance to dream of what might be and it feels within our grasp...at least on the pitch and Robinson has achieved that within a restricted budget and facing an uncertain future...

As a result, his stock is naturally high...but it won't stay that way and will devalue far quicker if he does not learn to keep his counsel.

Of the 3 recently successful managers we've had, it is still Appleton who I think has the best qualities to make it at the top...and yet look where he is currently!

However the pattern is clear. The club simply doesn't match their level of ambition or achievement and they end up riding off into the sunset.

Will it always be this way?

Probably!....unless that oh so rare extremely deep pocketed and bored billionaire with a soft spot for Oxford magically appears to take us to the promised land....

I’ve just watched Robbs interview on yellow player some of the things he said

proud of the players
The players give him everything
The club is in a good place
He is proud
Let’s pack the place out on Sat

while I appreciate this was in the clubs official channel he didn’t seem to have packed his bags for Blackpool

I too wish he’d keep his mouth shut at times, it’s very annoying, he also can’t stop himself when talking about prospective signings. However that’s just the way he is, he’s not going to change.

As you say under KR we have played some scintillating football at times this season, a joy to watch. It’s very easy to forget the dark days of the Conference and lower league 2 football.

It’s warts an’ all with Karl.

I’m prepared to put up with a few facial blemishes if the football on show is exciting to watch and the team are delivering on the pitch.

End of the day it is how modern football now works.
No loyalty from the paid employees on relatively short term contracts.
Barely anyone gets much more than a 3-5 year deal.
An "official" approach just leads to an unofficial one if it is turned down.
If "Club Z" offers to double your money with promises of milk & honey most folk take it.

Its the gig economy with a better pay cheque. :)

End of the day it is how modern football now works.
No loyalty from the paid employees on relatively short term contracts.
Barely anyone gets much more than a 3-5 year deal.
An "official" approach just leads to an unofficial one if it is turned down.
If "Club Z" offers to double your money with promises of milk & honey most folk take it.

Its the gig economy with a better pay cheque. :)
nail on the head @Essexyellows

We all know that KR will contradict himself from one interview to the next; compare his "I'll be seeking assurances" statement to "I talk to Tiger more often than I talk to my wife" soundbite from the weekend. I tend to take anything that comes from his mouth with a pinch of salt and I would have thought he is well aware of the club's plans, so what assurance is he seeking (some sort of budget committal aside)?

What seems slightly smelly about this is the timing and manner of this coming into the public domain. I can't believe that Blackpool rocked up yesterday with their interest, but I can believe that OUFC told them to take a long walk off a short pier - and that should have been the end of it, as it has been with every managerial vacancy approach and I'm pretty sure this isn't the first.

Instead, we have a sky reporter who has no interest in the club suddenly coming to a game after 20 odd years and having an exclusive scoop on the subject a hour or so before the game. Incredible coincidence or deliberate leak? Whether that would be an attempt to unsettle Robinson himself, the team or the club and fanbase as a whole, I don't know and yes, I'm aware that as conspiracy theories go, it's up there with the best, but it's all a little "convenient" for me.

This club is f*****g nuts.

Selling Fosbap in January was something but letting the manager leave for a team placed lower than us in February all whilst the team is having it's most successful season in a while, it is well placed to challenge for play offs and the clubs profile is on the rise.

You couldn't make it up. Can anyone name another team where such rubbish has happened?

From what I’m hearing, I’m not confident at all that Robinson will be with us past the weekend.

Can’t add meat to the bones atm but I don’t think it’s looking good for us to retain his services.
ECYellow has spoken it's game over with Karl Robinson methinks

Nathan Jones will be unveiled as Blackpool manager before the weekend....!
Karl and Tiger will have to make up in the short term and have “clear the air talks” at the end of the season....!

Nathan Jones will be unveiled as Blackpool manager before the weekend....!
Karl and Tiger will have to make up in the short term and have “clear the air talks” at the end of the season....!

This would be the worst possible outcome. Speculation that KR wants out for the rest of the season, Nathan Jones off the market and Tiger inevitably turning to failed big names. This is the whole MApp/Eales/Pep thing over again

We know he has a tendency to let loose a little, but there is no smoke without fire....
Again, coming out of the club is harmony between manager / board but I sniff some friction....

The quote from Robbo about being a big club in the transfer window. It is obvious this was Brentford coming in early doors and Robbo sounding the board out.
Now the Blackpool spout, it all tells me the board are twitching and Robbo knows it so again he makes some mutings about his achievements and position and
subliminally passes on do not P**s me off..

That's football I suppose but my worry is if there is no progress off the field soon as we go into the summer to progress the club there could be a break up of the squad as
assets sold manger moves etc.

Yes I know people are under contract but these days it all means diddly squat!

This club is f*****g nuts.

Selling Fosbap in January was something but letting the manager leave for a team placed lower than us in February all whilst the team is having it's most successful season in a while, it is well placed to challenge for play offs and the clubs profile is on the rise.

You couldn't make it up. Can anyone name another team where such rubbish has happened?

For some reason Fosbap made me laugh.

Back
Top Bottom