Manager/Coach Karl Robinson - Will he walk

McWilliams
A clever interview from KR, laboured the point and then transitioned the interview away to give Cooper an easy way out to finish it off. Let's see what happens overnight - Tiger will certainly have got the point and the board too. Do we know which members of management were at the game today.

Also, a bit of shithousing from Blackpool to do it while the game is taking place. Not the classiest of things to do.

McWilliams was there. Was telling me how very very important the game was walking up the stairs to the Headington bar pre match

we never do things the easy way do we.
doing well then sell 2 of our best players, then start looking good again after a dip in form and now this.
if he goes can’t Blackpool loan him back to us for the rest of the season ?

Hate to say it but if Robinson does walk, we miss out on the play offs and theres still no news on the stadium come May this will definitely start to feel like a club just treading water with no real definite direction.

KR basically called out the intentions of the board on live radio. Understandably annoyed that they hadn’t had the decency to speak to him about the approach before turning it down.

Sounded to me like they are no longer on the same page and he is letting the fans know. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him walk now and if he does we seriously have to question the boards motives as owners.

McWilliams

McWilliams was there. Was telling me how very very important the game was walking up the stairs to the Headington bar pre match
Which makes the lack of communication very odd. A quick word would have done wonders but of course, it's equally true KR may have also been unavailable too. A lot of politics is going on

Of course he knew about the approach, probably also that it had been turned down. Instead of calling Tiger and asking him what's what, he leaves it to the board to contact him (as is fair and to be expected, of course) and when it doesn't happen uses it as leverage.

Clever, clever bloke.

When exactly did the offer/request come in? If it was only just before the game the board probably thought it unwise to disrupt match preparations. If they had done and we'd lost I know who KR would be blaming for the defeat.

KR basically called out the intentions of the board on live radio. Understandably annoyed that they hadn’t had the decency to speak to him about the approach before turning it down.

Sounded to me like they are no longer on the same page and he is letting the fans know. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him walk now and if he does we seriously have to question the boards motives as owners.
I dont trust the board, not since that absolutely crap timing of selling of Fosu & Baptiste, and all the spin they were peddling about this player and that player they bid for, yet no-one came in did they? The board, to me, are like one of the toilets with a broken flush at the breeze block .... its up to the board to prove otherwise .... talk is cheap, actions speak louder

He is now odds-on favourite for the Blackpool job. May simply represent the rush of bets placed on him this evening, but his comments remind me of how he spoke about the owners of Charlton before he left. I think he is playing this very well to manouevre the board into letting him speak to Blackpool.

Jaap Stam's yellow army.......

When exactly did the offer/request come in? If it was only just before the game the board probably thought it unwise to disrupt match preparations. If they had done and we'd lost I know who KR would be blaming for the defeat.

After the final whistle in the tunnel...Niall McW catches hold of Karl: "Listen Karl, just so you know Blackpool asked to talk to you but it was right in the middle of your match preparations and we didn't want to spoil it. You should know we've turned it down and we can talk about the direction going forward together in the next couple of days. Just thought you should know before Radio Oxford corner you on it."

To be honest it sounded to me like Karl wants to leave, now you can blame the board for not reinvesting in January (which is debatable as everyone knows players have inflated prices in January and a couple of signings didn't come off) but is Karl forgetting the board stuck with him last year when 70% of the fanbase was calling for him to be sacked including me. Also the players are the ones performing on the pitch not him, some games he gets his tactics wrong and he is no way a proven manager to get a club out of this league or even establish them in the championship. If he wants to leave then the club shouldn't stand in his way.

After the final whistle in the tunnel...Niall McW catches hold of Karl: "Listen Karl, just so you know Blackpool asked to talk to you but it was right in the middle of your match preparations and we didn't want to spoil it. You should know we've turned it down and we can talk about the direction going forward together in the next couple of days. Just thought you should know before Radio Oxford corner you on it."
That couldnt have been Niall. He didnt mention anything about sustainability..

I think the writing was on the wall as soon as Jaap Stam appeared at the club as a “guest”

If I was KR that would have pi**ed me right off. Maybe that was the intention after KR had a bit of a pop at the board on deadline day.

To be honest it sounded to me like Karl wants to leave, now you can blame the board for not reinvesting in January (which is debatable as everyone knows players have inflated prices in January and a couple of signings didn't come off) but is Karl forgetting the board stuck with him last year when 70% of the fanbase was calling for him to be sacked including me. Also the players are the ones performing on the pitch not him, some games he gets his tactics wrong and he is no way a proven manager to get a club out of this league or even establish them in the championship. If he wants to leave then the club shouldn't stand in his way.

Not sure that's very accurate. You can't put the blame on Robinson when we lose but the credit on the players when we win. Also, his record as a league 1 manager isn't bad, and better than most currently in contention. That's why the like of Blackpool would be interested and would likely pay him a big chunk more than he's getting here.

Back
Top Bottom