Manager/Coach Karl Robinson - Will he walk

KR, in his interview on Saturday, praising the fans highly, and in other interviews is always bigging up what we are trying to build at the club, praising the board other times, the players.
Now if he does walk out on us, surely it shows what a shallow charlatan he really is, as all of the above would have meant nothing to him really.
I really hope it is put to bed tonight though, and he insists he wants to stay.

Surely that rather depends on what Tiger has said or done (or perhaps more to the point not done) to make Robbo think he shares his vision

I like my current job and I like a lot of the colleagues and clients I work with. If a competitor offered me a decent salary increase and the opportunity to continue my career with them then I might take it. It wouldn’t mean I’d lied or did not like the company I was at, nor the people I worked with.

No one knows what, if anything has gone on inside the club during the transfer window. If it has then I don’t see the problem in KR praising the fans but deciding to leave if he doesn’t feel he’s being supported/the club being driven the path he thinks best.

If it’s the case that he’s leaving for a new challenge on more money then so what!? Most of us would do exactly the same. I don’t want it to happen as he has us playing good football with a foot in the door of the play offs but I wouldn’t begrudge or blame him for doing so.

Chill everyone. Jerome has pretty much laughed off the prospect of Robinson going to Blackpool.

I like my current job and I like a lot of the colleagues and clients I work with. If a competitor offered me a decent salary increase and the opportunity to continue my career with them then I might take it. It wouldn’t mean I’d lied or did not like the company I was at, nor the people I worked with.

No one knows what, if anything has gone on inside the club during the transfer window. If it has then I don’t see the problem in KR praising the fans but deciding to leave if he doesn’t feel he’s being supported/the club being driven the path he thinks best.

If it’s the case that he’s leaving for a new challenge on more money then so what!? Most of us would do exactly the same. I don’t want it to happen as he has us playing good football with a foot in the door of the play offs but I wouldn’t begrudge or blame him for doing so.

This is all spot on - be a f*****g dreadful time for it to happen though

I have to say, I agree with him.

Invest the Baptiste and Fosu money in offering Brannagan, Dickie, Taylor and Browne deals.

Why tread water at a club that isn't willing to match your ambition? He isnt short of interest.

Would you stay at your job when you could earn much more, a few hours up the road?

Exactly...

rather odd time to do this as Blackpool are going nowhere this year but none of us knows what goes on behind the scenes - maybe Robbo has seen Tiger for a bs merchant - will say a great deal about our board if he walks now

I have to say, I agree with him.

Invest the Baptiste and Fosu money in offering Brannagan, Dickie, Taylor and Browne deals.

Why tread water at a club that isn't willing to match your ambition? He isnt short of interest.

Would you stay at your job when you could earn much more, a few hours up the road?

Exactly...

Much as I would love to see Browne offered a deal, is it realistically on the cards

Lets not forget though, Tiger stood strong and supported Robinson for well over six months when he could have easily bowed to pressure and pulled the trigger. I have some sympathy for Robinson and can understand he’s ambitious but loyalty goes both ways.

Basically he wants clarity as to where the board want to go with the club, then he is more than happy to stay. He wants assurances that the club want to go up, simply.
He hadn't been told of an approach, and wasn't too pleased, but was going to speak to the board in the next few hours, and if he gets the assurances from the board, he is going nowhere.
He told fans to get bums on seats on Saturday, which hopefully not the sign of a manager looking to leave.

Now the board have to step up to the plate and promise him, AND the fans that they still have the ambitions that brought him to the club.
Quite simply if they don't and KR goes then the board should go themselves, as they will have been lying to the fans all along, not just KR.

rather odd time to do this as Blackpool are going nowhere this year but none of us knows what goes on behind the scenes - maybe Robbo has seen Tiger for a bs merchant - will say a great deal about our board if he walks now
Robinson spoke about ‘medium to long term’ goals. This is all about finances and where both clubs will be 2 to 3 years from now.

Lets not forget though, Tiger stood strong and supported Robinson for well over six months when he could have easily bowed to pressure and pulled the trigger. I have some sympathy for Robinson and can understand he’s ambitious but loyalty goes both ways.

loyalty in football - a novel concept nowadays ?

But surely KR has bought into Tiger's 'vision' for the club. As so many have pointed out, Tiger is brilliantly operating the 'business model'. So why leave, huh?

And that was acknowledge by KR at last fans forum, he made a point of saying most other clubs would have fired him for that run of results.
suspect this is him seeing an opportunity to leverage the situation a little and also a call to arms re the fans
might be proved wrong obv, but don’t see him going.

Basically he wants clarity as to where the board want to go with the club, then he is more than happy to stay. He wants assurances that the club want to go up, simply.
He hadn't been told of an approach, and wasn't too pleased, but was going to speak to the board in the next few hours, and if he gets the assurances from the board, he is going nowhere.
He told fans to get bums on seats on Saturday, which hopefully not the sign of a manager looking to leave.

Now the board have to step up to the plate and promise him, AND the fans that they still have the ambitions that brought him to the club.
Quite simply if they don't and KR goes then the board should go themselves, as they will have been lying to the fans all along, not just KR.
Interestingly Nathan said to Robinson about Blackpools apprach but, crucially, not about the knock back to it. If Robinson was miffed about not being told about the approach hows he going to feel when he finds out they wont even let him discuss it? Im almost certain I heard Robinson say he’d like to talk to Blackpool unless i misheard?

Back
Top Bottom