Manager/Coach Karl Robinson - Will he walk

Robinson talks about Oxford showing ambition, well if he went to Blackpool you could argue that he’s showing a lack of ambition. Why would he go there when he lives local and I assume his daughter is in school.

No matter how you put it, Robinson appears pissed off with whatever happened in January.

First he makes comments about us acting as a big club. Then he had that rant after one of the recent home games (sorry cannot remember which one), then again yesterday about his future.

Just think he felt he had a great chance to further his CV/career, but that the board didn’t match his ambition. Add to this the whole stadium debacle (timeframe), and may be he’s just about had enough so his ears have pricked up. It was only a few months ago that he quickly rubbished the rumour about the job abroad, but not so quick this time.

May be he’s just positioning himself for a better deal here, but yesterday felt slightly different in his response, so may be his sights have shifted.

Not saying he’ll go to Blackpool, but you never know.

didn't hear KR on the radio yesterday but sure it said in the ox mail that it was news to him.
it's probably the same as the players - if you're successful you get noticed and linked with everything

Robinson talks about Oxford showing ambition, well if he went to Blackpool you could argue that he’s showing a lack of ambition. Why would he go there when he lives local and I assume his daughter is in school.

By your reasoning, if Man Utd offer him a job he would turn it down because he lives locally and his daughter goes to school. If he was offered a job at Blackpool or elsewhere he would weigh up a number of factors before deciding to go. I'm sure the fact he lives locally and his daughter goes to school would come into it but as with everybody involved in professional football there may be things that outweigh these factors. In any case it seems that at present all we have is a journalist asking about shortening odds and a slightly open answer by Robinson.

I really feel that theres nothing in this. As i said yesterday, its a shame that RO had to create such a big story out of apparently nothing. The sooner Nathan Jones is appointed at Blackpool, the sooner we can all move on. I hope it doesnt cause an unnecessary distraction at such a crucial time of the season.

If Karl is staying my view is he should issue a clear statement tomorrow morning, just to steady the ship, this is a key time in the season and I'm sure the players don't need any added distractions

I know 1 or 2 played it down at the time as "joking" when talking about the 2 leaving and anymore he would consider his position but he was clearly well peed off at that point after calling for the club to show they are big and have the ambition.
we can also go on about the alleged bids that were made but even in that interview it was clear they were not coming despite 1 or 2 have us believe we were still active on the friday of the window.

Whether true or not about Blackpool you cannot just dismiss it saying oh it's Blackpool when he left Charlton to come to little Oxford was that a side step backward step?
if the players are encouraged not to be held back why should it be any different for the Manager?

In Mapp and Karl we have had 2 excellent managers, Mapp was slaughtered for taking a job with a prem club when perhaps just like Karl they might just see what lay ahead and think they deserve better.

By your reasoning, if Man Utd offer him a job he would turn it down because he lives locally and his daughter goes to school. If he was offered a job at Blackpool or elsewhere he would weigh up a number of factors before deciding to go. I'm sure the fact he lives locally and his daughter goes to school would come into it but as with everybody involved in professional football there may be things that outweigh these factors. In any case it seems that at present all we have is a journalist asking about shortening odds and a slightly open answer by Robinson.
Blackpool are not Man Utd.

I know 1 or 2 played it down at the time as "joking" when talking about the 2 leaving and anymore he would consider his position but he was clearly well peed off at that point after calling for the club to show they are big and have the ambition.
we can also go on about the alleged bids that were made but even in that interview it was clear they were not coming despite 1 or 2 have us believe we were still active on the friday of the window.

Whether true or not about Blackpool you cannot just dismiss it saying oh it's Blackpool when he left Charlton to come to little Oxford was that a side step backward step?
if the players are encouraged not to be held back why should it be any different for the Manager?

In Mapp and Karl we have had 2 excellent managers, Mapp was slaughtered for taking a job with a prem club when perhaps just like Karl they might just see what lay ahead and think they deserve better.
Oxford is just down the road from his family that are settled in MK and didn't have to uproot. and tiger sold the club to him.
Not a backward step as tiger had big plans and still has.

Back
Top Bottom