Manager/Coach Karl Robinson - Will he walk

If he gets a offer it wouldn’t surprise me if he left. He’s in a similar situation right now to what he was when he left Charlton for us.
Let's not kid ourselves most clubs are in a similar position to us financially. We are relatively stable and KR lives locally at Buckingham

Which thread?

(For what it's worth, I found it again not because I'm Rainman, but by going to search->advanced search, "tiger", more recent than 15th Feb.)

If the board is only interested in a land deal why are they bothering with the youth development?

Tiger will have a few final strategies in place / planned depending on how circumstances play out. If a land deal / stadium resolution doesn't happen then Tiger will need to off-load the club, a lot easier to do if the club has access to a decent training complex and youth development plan in place. Entirely sensible, and aligns to most financial strategies.

Also if you can pad out the bench with a couple of young pros then that could reduce the wage bill / allow spend on wages to be concentrated on a smaller squad; a youth development system is needed to facilitate this.

The big hitters on the Board won't prop up the club / invest more in to the 1st team playing side until a satisfactory stadium way forward is found, again entirely sensible. The sales of Whyte, Fosu-Henry and Baptiste mean the board don't have to dip too much in to their pockets.

If we were close to a satisfactory new stadium / new lease / new solution then I think we would have been a bit braver in the window, maybe held on to Baptiste until the summer and invested in a couple of other areas.

I suspect (but this is purely a guess) that the stadium situation has - as ever - proved to be unsolvable, in financial and planning terms so far as this lot are concerned. That in turn has lead to the 'investors' not being willing to spend money on a project that isn't going ahead, so they have cashed in on a couple of players to balance the books. Remember NMcW is supposed to be telling us '100%' what is happening at the end of the season. By the lack of any even vague or credible rumours, the answer to that is going to be 'not much', with some guff about an improving relationship with Uncle K - which of course does not solve the problem and never will!

Whether Robinson goes will IMO depend on who offers him what. There's little point in him endlessly hitting his head against a glass ceiling with us.

I have no inside info but if I reckon you might be right here, it’s likely to be the same old problem of the mess of a stadium move twenty years ago still costing us.

I have thought for some time that the present board remind me more and more of DE, take the money and run.
If you were a billionaire with an interest in a football club would you sell players to raise money. the answer is no, the first thing you would do is pay of the debts and put in some money for working capital.
Why does a billionaire need to make more money they could never spend what they have now,

You really don't understand context do you?

I said that IF we reach the playoffs, then TODAY showed that we have nothing to fear from Sunderland. That means that we would have both finished between 3rd and 6th in the league table that assesses football teams. And that, the result aside, Sunderland were no better than us today. In fact, we looked much beetr in need all aspects. Therefore we shouldn't fear playing them again.

So stay wallowing in your own negativity, nobody cares!
We couldn't score a goal though and our goal difference has plummeted in the last month or so!!
We looked as sharp as a blunt needle in the final third yesterday.
Once again over 60%possession counts for nothing. We had 63% at Peterboro and lost 4-0. We are far too slow at getting the ball forward and over pass around the midfield and back line. Teams have worked us out and they have time to reset when we get the ball back.
AFC will press us hard and we have to be quick at finding openings for our attackers who have to be much quicker with their movement in the final third.

We are far too slow at getting the ball forward ...
This (for me) is the nub of it. Now I don't mean we should lump it forward, but that the first thought should be to pass the ball forward as immediately as possible. Now that means that people in front of the ball have got to move into space rather than standing still facing our goal and passing it back to the person who played it to them. Earlier in the season we had Cadden busting a gut up the right to give an outlet for example. Unfortunately we don't have that any more, so the ball is moved across rather than up the field. I know the idea is to pull the opposition out of shape, but we do it so slowly now that it simply doesn't work. The upshot all all this is that the vast majority of the time when attacking, we have every single opposition player in position between us and their goal - which makes it bloody difficult.

This (for me) is the nub of it. Now I don't mean we should lump it forward, but that the first thought should be to pass the ball forward as immediately as possible. Now that means that people in front of the ball have got to move into space rather than standing still facing our goal and passing it back to the person who played it to them. Earlier in the season we had Cadden busting a gut up the right to give an outlet for example. Unfortunately we don't have that any more, so the ball is moved across rather than up the field. I know the idea is to pull the opposition out of shape, but we do it so slowly now that it simply doesn't work. The upshot all all this is that the vast majority of the time when attacking, we have every single opposition player in position between us and their goal - which makes it bloody difficult.
Cadden is possibly the biggest miss in terms of the way we were playing, IMO. His style, energy and pace was essential and is also what gave Henry so much space to drop infield, because he dragged people out who had to track his overlaps.

Let's not kid ourselves most clubs are in a similar position to us financially. We are relatively stable and KR lives locally at Buckingham
Yep, noted, but lets also not kid ourselves that we’re Ducklington U14,s and have a decent manager because he can pushbike to training. We should never be too comfortable with what we currently have..

Coventry are in second place and doing even better playing away every game if it's good enough for them?

I have thought for some time that the present board remind me more and more of DE, take the money and run.
Take what money and run out of interest.
Tiger will almost certainly be down at the moment having lost money.
Not sure hiwvthat can be reconciled with taking the money and running?

Tigers not running off anywhere that’s for sure.
Robinson, who knows? Living fairly locally and being one of the higher earners in this division may keep him here.

Back
Top Bottom