Manager/Coach Karl Robinson - Will he walk

The way things are going with lack of commitment from the board especially in January,
The amount of loans in the team not good are they really commited to the cause, can see big changes complete change with management of to another club in the summer stating clashes with board etc.
Back to square one again to the souless KAssam and trying to avoid relegation ! All room and gloom like the weather......

The way things are going with lack of commitment from the board especially in January,
The amount of loans in the team not good are they really commited to the cause, can see big changes complete change with management of to another club in the summer stating clashes with board etc.
Back to square one again to the souless KAssam and trying to avoid relegation ! All room and gloom like the weather......
I thought he sounded really upbeat after the game today

I think the problem is we all know we’ve got a good manager abit like when Appleton was here it’s not the manager it’s the board the owners they was banging the drum saying we’re going for promotion abit like under D.E and then we got into a great position the best we’ve been on for years and they s**t themselves because they haven’t got the funds to find us in the championship abit like they haven’t got the funds for a new stadium so I wouldn’t blame K.R if he said f**k it and walked

I think the problem is we all know we’ve got a good manager abit like when Appleton was here it’s not the manager it’s the board the owners they was banging the drum saying we’re going for promotion abit like under D.E and then we got into a great position the best we’ve been on for years and they s**t themselves because they haven’t got the funds to find us in the championship abit like they haven’t got the funds for a new stadium so I wouldn’t blame K.R if he said f**k it and walked
How much will it cost if we got promoted?

I do not know how much exactly BUT I know tiger couldn’t afford to run reading in the championship and they didn’t have to pay rent on the ground like we do I think imo that they the BOARD are starting to realise there’s no way that they will
Be able to build a nice new stadium in Oxford because there only option is to stay at the Kassam and I also think imo they are trying to sell off some of the assets we do have just like D.E did with player sales just my opinion others can disagree

why support a football club if you’ve got no ambition of achieving anything? “How much will it cost?” I’m not sure, but it will cost fans if people think they’ve got a club that’s happy being mid table L1.

When all is said and done you support your local team and watch them with the hope that they’ll one day be the best in the land. You don’t If it’s made obvious the club you support are quite content with being 50th best in the land “because it costs too much”.

why support a football club if you’ve got no ambition of achieving anything? “How much will it cost?” I’m not sure, but it will cost fans if people think they’ve got a club that’s happy being mid table L1.

When all is said and done you support your local team and watch them with the hope that they’ll one day be the best in the land. You don’t If it’s made obvious the club you support are quite content with being 50th best in the land “because it costs too much”.

Totally missed the point.

The initial point was that we couldn't afford promotion. It would be my response that promotion in itself would cost less than we would gain from tv rights and increased attendance. The only increased costs would be on players contracts and transfer fees, but we wouldn't need to go crazy. If promoted, we would hopefully keep a core of our team together and have shown that we can attract good players in on releatively low fees. We have also established some excellent links with PL teams for developing young players and would have a better choice of those players as a Championship side.

Therefore, the idea that we couldn't afford promotion, or that the board do not want this makes no business sense whatsoever. This board has ambition, but are also being sensible and looking to maintain sustainable success. The playoffs remain very much within our grasp and today showed that we have nothing to fear from the likes of Sunderland if we get there.

Except that Sunderland beat us 0-1 on our home pitch!!! I know, I was there!
If you must spin everything into La La Land at least stick to the facts!

Tedious.

I said that we have nothing to fear from Sunderland. I didn't mention the result!! Fact!!!

We’ve got more chance of Ka££am giving us the club on Monday than promotion. Wake up! We’ve got a board looking to make money out of land who don’t want to spend to get us promoted, a manager who left a club in a similar position and a couple of players worth a bob or two that we actually own.

the season has progressed and instead of things getting better we’re slowly declining into a worse position. Come the summer Dickie, Eastwood and Brannagan will be gone Along with the loanees and we’ll be either completely rebuilding or praying that the lads at Rushden can do a job.

I said that we have nothing to fear from Sunderland. I didn't mention the result!! Fact!!!
There is a collection of cold hard facts that comes in handy when assessing football teams.
It is called a "league table".
Sunderland are currently 9 points ahead of us, having played one more game. They also have a better goal difference.
The post-seasons are full of teams bleating about being "the better side" despite not getting promotion. Nobody cares.

Back
Top Bottom