Manager/Coach Karl Robinson - Will he walk

Lads this is a Blackpool fan coming onto our forum - yes, our forum. He was initially very polite before certain members started abusing his football club. This is a terrible advert for OUFC. Please be civil.
Thank you very much. I’ve came on here to give an opinion. Wished you all the luck this season and hope things go as planned for you boys. All the very best

Yep we did and proud of what we did. Weve now got a chairman who’s a Blackpool fan, plenty of money. Lots of ambitions for the club and the town. So who’s the real winner?
Well done,but still feel free to answer my original question .

So Swindon turned down Blackpool’s approach for Wellens ‘earlier this week’, it could be that Robbo wasn’t even their top target and was just one of a few they wanted to speak to or was he approached after Wellens had turned them down ?

After the past 3 games and the excellent football and some really entertaining footballers, shouldn't they expect additional numbers on Saturday?
If the fans dont bother turning up on Saturday do we deserve promotion?
Fair comment..... and yes agree 100% its back to the superb to watch football that was being served up before the start of this year

I'll be there, but then Id be there if we were sitting below Bolton in L1,.... Think he, KR wanted occasionals, who show up for the games against 'bigger'/ more attractive opposition, ( 'bigger' than sarfend), who bring a decent away following etc to swell the numbers..... those on a tight budget will pick and choose home games they go to, ..... theres set to be more seriously crap weather ( the next in a series of named storms- this one is jorge(?) is going to hit hard) tomorrow and Saturday morning through to around 1pm ( if forecasts are right), even some exiles who are ST holders may feel driving/travelling through monsoon-like conditions of rain and hail storms, with 50-60 mph winds isnt for them... the breeze block isnt the most salubrious place at the best of times.....as Ive already said, I'll be there, & Im hoping my middle grandaughter and my youngest lad are going to go too, but both arent making their minds up until tomorrow! ( Grandaughter has to rely on a parent to bring her to Oxford, youngest lad will have to travel in from 40 miles or so away, the weather is a factor for both getting to Oxford- other factors apply too as to whether individuals turn up every match, or occasionally, or once in a while.

You can take a horse to water but you cant make it drink goes the old adage

my 11 year old grandaughter asked me " if Karl Robinson isn't going to leave and go to Blackpool why hasnt he said hes staying at Oxford, doesnt he like Oxford anymore?" - I cant answer that !

This season has gone for Blackpool. Theres nothing really to play for, no danger of relegation and no chance of the play-offs. They can play the long game. If they really want Robinson thay can bide their time with Dunn as caretaker. Ive got a nasty feeling this thread is going to run to a few more dozen pages yet.

/
So Swindon turned down Blackpool’s approach for Wellens ‘earlier this week’, it could be that Robbo wasn’t even their top target and was just one of a few they wanted to speak to or was he approached after Wellens had turned them down ?
Scum's board/ chairman signed him to a new 3 year contract following that approach.... Scum's board showed ambition by getting their ginger goal scorer' back' from Bradford among other Jan window signings

meanwhile after brining in yet more loanees, our board at best (being very generous to them ) got the timing of cashing in on two players totally wrong, and despite, as they claimed, putting (low) offers in for players KR wanted to improve the squad, and push for promotion they toldus / claimed they were genuinely aiming for they failed to do so .... and now we have the board and kR in something of a mexican standoff regarding whether their claimed ambition is real ( if it is they need to show it) or a lot of pr spin , bullshit and hot air

Last edited:
Lads this is a Blackpool fan coming onto our forum - yes, our forum. He was initially very polite before certain members started abusing his football club. This is a terrible advert for OUFC. Please be civil.
Only browsed the last few pages but there have been plenty of opposing teams' fans come on this forum who have genuinely contributed to discussion/conversation and not been a t**t, regardless of the bit of stick they get. This guy ain't that. Offering nothing to the convo, get rid

Only browsed the last few pages but there have been plenty of opposing teams' fans come on this forum who have genuinely contributed to discussion/conversation and not been a t**t, regardless of the bit of stick they get. This guy ain't that. Offering nothing to the convo, get rid
On my reading he was polite until the 'small town in Fleetwood comment' which was just plain rude - he had said multiple times before that that he hoped we went up.
That said, I may have misread it and the messages on the last couple of pages don't look particularly good for anyone.

On my reading he was polite until the 'small town in Fleetwood comment' which was just plain rude - he had said multiple times before that that he hoped we went up.
That said, I may have misread it and the messages on the last couple of pages don't look particularly good for anyone.
usual tactic,as long as theres a hope you go up.hope you do well,they can say anything!

Crazy stuff on here! Just because we are above Blackpool in this year's L1 it doesn't make us a "bigger club"!
We're not a bigger club than Bolton despite the fact they're going down to L2.
Since 2000 Blackpool have had 7 seasons in the Championship and 1 season in the Premier League.
Even now they get 1.5 - 2k more through the gate for home games on average.
They were in the top two divisions for most of the period from the late 1940s to the late 1970s.
And most football fans around the country will applaud their fans for the stand they took against the Oystons after many long-suffering years.

Back
Top Bottom