Manager/Coach Karl Robinson - Will he walk

Yes, I saw him fill up his car at the pump.
Was he involved in some sort of accident?

A club with true ambition what does that mean? In some ways running a football year on year losing nearly 2m is pretty ambitious? Or fool hardy? Were Sunderland ambitious bringing in grigg?
That’s exactly on the button. When a club our size is losing £2million a year it makes sense to cash in on two players without too many appearance.
Should we make the championship we will stand to lose a lot more than £2million a year. The club is being very well run at the moment.
Having seen a good win today I am convinced we are on the right track

In fairness though he can’t complain to much can he. I think they’ve backed him for the most part. I don’t know what our wage budget is but it must be one of the highest in league 1. Some of our players are not exactly cheap are they.
I think he was well aware that if a big money bid came in then we would have to sell because that’s the business model. I think he enjoys developing players.
The budget is a lot less than people think.

After all, he walked out of Charlton when they were set fair for promotion.
He left Charlton when they were ninth in the league and their fans were largely glad to see the back of him - my mate’s wife is both a Charlton fan and works in their community department, and every time I see her she makes a point of thanking me as though I personally handed over the cash. Then Lee Bowyer took over the same team with ten games or so left, got them into the playoffs with games to spare, and then won promotion the following season.

Airbrushing of history is not the way to go. Keep it factual.

No-one is airbrushing history. Facts are that at the time had a very strong team that was in a strong position to get promoted. He felt that he was not supported by his board strangely enough in the January transfer window and the team started to unravel from there! The warning signs are there in relation to us.

Interesting words from Robinson after today’s game “We’re a selling club, we’ve cut everything back, but we’re still competing on all fronts” When he says we’ve cut everything back it sounds like something thats happened recently?

Interesting words from Robinson after today’s game “We’re a selling club, we’ve cut everything back, but we’re still competing on all fronts” When he says we’ve cut everything back it sounds like something thats happened recently?
Said this the other day. Something has definitely changed over the last few weeks, the whole mood has changed..

Maybe too much has been spent on buying the long lease for the training ground and on the facilities there?

Maybe too much has been spent on buying the long lease for the training ground and on the facilities there?
We are not paying rent on the training ground ( although the upkeep.of the pitches and continued development is presumably costing fair amount)

We are not paying rent on the training ground ( although the upkeep.of the pitches and continued development is presumably costing fair amount)
That was my understanding but in his interview yesterday, Zaki definitely said one of the added expenses this year was buying the 25 year lease on the training ground (buying the lease - not rent).

He seemed to be very unhappy with someone in the SSU after Ruffs mistake 2nd half Saturday. Anyone closer to it who knows what that was about?

I think KR has a right to be hacked of but I also think he’s a man of integrity who quite
Rightly has probably made his feelings known to the board and possibly through Zaki on Saturday, definitely angry with Ruffs and the back pass.
But he’s passionate this club is bigger than the fakes not as big as Charlton but more accessible than the Addicks.

For him to leaveit would have to bea much bigger club with finance available for the club to improve.

Back
Top Bottom