Manager/Coach Karl Robinson - Will he walk

Stam or Mous to take over if he goes ? I think this team could probably still navigate it's way to the play offs whether Robbo stays or goes. We are a well oiled machine with settled players, for the time being, and I think it's one of those situations that there's enough nous there to deal with it. Obviously we dont want to lose him but it wont derail us at this stage of the season.

No it doesn’t. At no point are Tiger or the board going to come out and say that KR has their blessing to talk with Blackpool - not in the first round of negotiations anyway.

It may be that KR forces their hand by saying he wants to talk and if that’s the case, it would then be unlikely the Board retain this approach of declining him the chance to speak with B’pool.

It could well be a compensation maximising exercise currently and an attempt to save a little face from our illustrious leader.
That there is no comment from Robinson in that statement says a lot, IMO.

Robinson was a coach at Blackburn when David Dunn, Blackpool’s current caretaker manager, was playing there. Wonder if they’ve had any contact in recent days...

• React
Reactions: MJB
That statement does not really say anything apart from to admit that they hadn't told Robinson about the approach at the time Blackpool made it which is pretty unprofessional. And of course, as others have said, the fact that there is no quote from Robinson in the statement actually says more than the actual content that is there.
Robinson actually said 'I don't know what is going on at the club' in last night's post game interview - I suggest that, if they actually have some concrete plans, the club make bloody sure he knows exactly what is going on quite sharpish.

To me that really agressive rant from the touchline aimed at Zaki ??? when Ruffles f***** up with that back pass against Blackpool in injury time was very telling. In times gone by Robbo would have puffed his cheeks out in relief and smiled towards the upper tier but the way he was shouting and the contorted face would have given the body language experts a field day.

KR has already walked out on one League 1 club that shortly afterwards was promoted to the Championship over issues with the board.

If it happens again I would start to think the problem lies with him and there could be implications for his future career.

To me that really agressive rant from the touchline aimed at Zaki ??? when Ruffles f***** up with that back pass against Blackpool in injury time was very telling. In times gone by Robbo would have puffed his cheeks out in relief and smiled towards the upper tier but the way he was shouting and the contorted face would have given the body language experts a field day.
Maybe he was putting on a show of passion in front of the visiting directors, knowing full well that they were about to start courting him.

That statement does not really say anything apart from to admit that they hadn't told Robinson about the approach at the time Blackpool made it which is pretty unprofessional. And of course, as others have said, the fact that there is no quote from Robinson in the statement actually says more than the actual content that is there.
Robinson actually said 'I don't know what is going on at the club' in last night's post game interview - I suggest that, if they actually have some concrete plans, the club make bloody sure he knows exactly what is going on quite sharpish.

You think we should have told Robinson pre match about the approach ? I definitely don't. Tiger was the one being professional here and putting his club first, Robbo is not bigger than the club.

Dont agree Ryan. Why would he go to Blackpool, (frankly not a great prospect), and why now? It’s tactically mad from a job hunting perspective. With a play off season beckoning his cv would immediately become more..er gold plated.

He’s gobbed off too much in public as usual.
Club response quick and well written.

it’s at moments like these though that you realise that there’s no one really fronting the club up day to day - apart from Robbo of course. Er.

As stated before timing on all of this horrendous.

Do you mean the board is unprofessional or the time Blackpool made the approach is unprofessional?

I actually agree with the board not telling KR until after the game so his focus is 100% on the game. Whereas Blackpool making the approach on a matchday is unprofessional imo, it would have made no difference if they had waited until today.

Dont agree Ryan. Why would he go to Blackpool, (frankly not a great prospect), and why now? It’s tactically mad from a job hunting perspective. With a play off season beckoning his cv would immediately become more..er gold plated.
How do you know they’re not a great prospect? Bigger crowds, new owners, no debt, and that’s before we get into whether or not he and his wife want to move back home or not. If there is a job up there that he likes the sound of available now, there’s no guarantee it’s still there in the summer, nor is there any guarantee we don’t end up finishing mid table as much as top six. It’s essentially a case of “This is what is on offer right this second - figure out what you want and do it quickly before it isn’t here anymore”. There are an awful lot of assumptions in every other scenario than him being interested and wanting to speak to them.

Ultimately it doesn’t matter what I think - Karl Robinson is telling the world he might be interested. So it clearly isn’t far fetched.

I’m a bit confused why people keep writing Blackpool off as a big downward step? I haven’t got a clue what their financial situation is since the takeover there. Are people still thinking the Royston’s are still owners? A traditional club with a good history and a good stadium. I would’ve thought that there’s decent potential there. The big concern for me, if I was Robinson, would be how trigger happy are the owners?

I think endlessly analysing what Karl says is pointless. He's clearly not learnt from the media training he surely has been given. He talks faster than he thinks, so what comes out often contradicts what he's said before, sometimes even seconds before.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, he's far more refreshing to listen to than the some of the robot managers. who refuse to engage or answer questions.

You think we should have told Robinson pre match about the approach ? I definitely don't. Tiger was the one being professional here and putting his club first, Robbo is not bigger than the club.
That would have been OK if news hadn't leaked out. But it did, and made that post match interview excruciating listening. TBH a text to Robinson immediately after the final whistle saying 'Great win. Blackpool have asked if they talk to you, phone me as soon as you can. Hugs and kisses, Tiger' would have at least given the bloke a heads up.

I’m a bit confused why people keep writing Blackpool off as a big downward step? I haven’t got a clue what their financial situation is since the takeover there. Are people still thinking the Royston’s are still owners? A traditional club with a good history and a good stadium. I would’ve thought that there’s decent potential there. The big concern for me, if I was Robinson, would be how trigger happy are the owners?

Well they got rid of Grayson while they were 15th in the league, we stuck by Karl when we were in the bottom 4 for months. I don't think he will get the same time to build a team there, he might get more budget but that doesn't always work out, look at Ipswich etc.

I think endlessly analysing what Karl says is pointless. He's clearly not learnt from the media training he surely has been given. He talks faster than he thinks, so what comes out often contradicts what he's said before, sometimes even seconds before.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, he's far more refreshing to listen to than the some of the robot managers. who refuse to engage or answer questions.
Quite right. A bit like our Prime Minister!

It's already been established it was aimed at someone in the crowd..and he was telling Zaki about the altercation.

I’m a bit confused why people keep writing Blackpool off as a big downward step?
This.
The fact that they are below us in this season's table means nothing. They have new, ambitious owners and it's a good time to go there now the Oyston years are over. They have a better stadium than us, bigger crowds and have been in the top two flights many more seasons than us in their history.

At least our players appear to be demonstrating loyalty to KR. The upturn in form seems to have coincided with KR's unease with what happened in January.

Well they got rid of Grayson while they were 15th in the league, we stuck by Karl when we were in the bottom 4 for months. I don't think he will get the same time to build a team there, he might get more budget but that doesn't always work out, look at Ipswich etc.
I think it’s safe to assume that Robinson doesn’t lack self-belief and is very ambitious. I think he said during an interview that he wants to be done with management within 10 years (before he’s 60) He’s looking for the steepest trajectory he can take I think.

It is my understanding that Karl has been given the assurances he seeks and that the likes of Grigg are still being pursued and that he was only joking when sounding pissed off back in jan and when saying that he would walk if anyone else left.

Having previously written of concerns with the board i can only apologize for being negative and writing such drivel lately

Back
Top Bottom