Manager/Coach Karl Robinson - Will he walk

If Robinson does go hes going to leave a massive void at the club that cant be underestimated. Whether people like his personality and style of management or not, he has basically been the identity and focal point of the whole club since the moment hes been here.

Oh and Stam would be an absolute disaster if things go that far. Tiger would lose any last vestige of support from the majority of the fanbase if he went down that route.

The thing is, whilst the apparent mismatch of communication re 'do we need to sell' in Jan seems to be at the heart of it, I really don't see why he'd be so upset that he would actually leave over it at this moment in time? Maybe I'm being naive or missing something, but the last week has shown that despite those two departures, we still have a squad capable of turning over the dross in this league and mixing it with the best - a squad that's been assembled at no little expense by the current board. It's not like the two sales have totally hung him out to dry, to the extent that he would rather walk to save face / out of anger, have they?

The view from a Charlton season ticket holder about Karl Robinson’s time there.

As I said, he can do what he wants, but he either needs to decide this isn’t for him and go, quickly and as quietly as he can, or he needs to decide that he’s staying, draw a very firm line under things, and not do this all over again in the summer. No individual is bigger than the club and whichever way it goes this can’t carry on or begin to happen semi-regularly. He may have made the board look the bad guys momentarily but it won’t take long before it turns on him if he stays but doesn’t shut up, and starts flashing his ankles at someone else in a few months. Be here or go somewhere else, but make that decision and stick with it. I can’t be bothered with months of watching him want to be the centre of attention over just doing his bloody job.

5D99140A-9ACF-4EFA-86F0-37E113494218.jpegF5E3611B-0ECC-4B36-99CC-D2385D6CC06B.jpegE14A1F6F-4DD7-4904-8E39-1596D6F786D4.jpeg

Not sure that's very accurate. You can't put the blame on Robinson when we lose but the credit on the players when we win. Also, his record as a league 1 manager isn't bad, and better than most currently in contention. That's why the like of Blackpool would be interested and would likely pay him a big chunk more than he's getting here.

Didn't he leave Charlton and Bowyer took charge guiding them in to the play offs when Karl left they were in the bottom half? Then the following season they got promoted. Karl has built a good team, we will have managers knocking at the door to take over if he leaves.

KR going to another club at a serious point during a promotion push for his current club would not look good on his CV. Ergo, he ain’t going.

Didn't he leave Charlton and Bowyer took charge guiding them in to the play offs when Karl left they were in the bottom half? Then the following season they got promoted. Karl has built a good team, we will have managers knocking at the door to take over if he leaves.

Shouldn’t bother. Tigger’s mate Jaap will get the gig here should Robinson have designs on working in Blackpool.

I think Charlton were about 8th when he left. And yes Bowyer did brilliantly there but let's not try to make out that Robinson is shite.

Jaap Staam has no experience of league 1 football and only 21 months of experience managing in the English game. At Reading he went on a quite astonishing run of 1 win in 18 games before leaving. In his last job at Feyenoord he somehow managed to get them to the lowly positon of 12th in the Eredivisie before leaving.

This is a man who not only has never seen success as a football manager, but also has no notoriety in terms of stability.

This is not somebody who we should be even thinking about allowing to manage the club.

KR going to another club at a serious point during a promotion push for his current club would not look good on his CV. Ergo, he ain’t going.
Or... wouldnt look good on Tigers ‘CV’? Ideally what we need tomorrow is a big show of unity from Tiger, Zaki and Karl. Let us all know that theyre still pulling in the same direction. Another picture of Karl giving Tiger a cuddle would be nice..

I think Charlton were about 8th when he left. And yes Bowyer did brilliantly there but let's not try to make out that Robinson is shite.

I never said he was, just saying it wouldn't be the first time jumping ship in a promotion race and blaming the board.

Shouldn’t bother. Tigger’s mate Jaap will get the gig here should Robinson have designs on working in Blackpool.

That’s the sad truth about this.i would prefer almost everyone on that Blackpool betting list. Nathan Jones would be great but I imagine he’s still sitting pretty on his Stoke contract, so would be expensive.

That’s the sad truth about this.i would prefer almost everyone on that Blackpool betting list. Nathan Jones would be great but I imagine he’s still sitting pretty on his Stoke contract, so would be expensive.
Couldn’t we just do to Coventry or Rotherham what Blackpool are doing to us..?

Or... wouldnt look good on Tigers ‘CV’? Ideally what we need tomorrow is a big show of unity from Tiger, Zaki and Karl. Let us all know that theyre still pulling in the same direction. Another picture of Karl giving Tiger a cuddle would be nice..

If he stays, and I think he probably will, then a real statement of intent is needed from all key figures. Talking about giving everything to make the playoffs and more, reassurances about budget and intent for next season (for either league), clarity that stadium plans are very real even if impossible to give time frames etc.

If he stays, and I think he probably will, then a real statement of intent is needed from all key figures. Talking about giving everything to make the playoffs and more, reassurances about budget and intent for next season (for either league), clarity that stadium plans are very real even if impossible to give time frames etc.
Definitely this.

It will be in no-ones favour to have this drag on. It needs to be resolved one way or the other by the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom