Manager/Coach Karl Robinson New Manager

I suspect someone in the game will have a better understanding of form and the ebbs and flows of a season and what it will take to be safe. Some would call it rampant complacency, others would call it realism.

Success for Robinson this season is keeping us up, he had inherited a very unbalanced squad so you can’t expect miracles.

The good thing is he has come in with time to assess the playing staff and to plan for next season, he seems very organised and switched on which should stop what happened last season, we had a disaster of a summer which caught up with us in the end.

The January transfer window is a chance to tinker and improve a bit, but the summer one is where 90% of the work is done, we appear to be going to enter it with an experienced yet hungry young manager who will have time to plan it out properly, as opposed to last year when we lost the above and replaced it with a bit of a clueless one.

Success for Robinson this season is keeping us up, he had inherited a very unbalanced squad so you can’t expect miracles.

The good thing is he has come in with time to assess the playing staff and to plan for next season, he seems very organised and switched on which should stop what happened last season, we had a disaster of a summer which caught up with us in the end.

The January transfer window is a chance to tinker and improve a bit, but the summer one is where 90% of the work is done, we appear to be going to enter it with an experienced yet hungry young manager who will have time to plan it out properly, as opposed to last year when we lost the above and replaced it with a bit of a clueless one.
KR seemed to think that his goal was to finish near half way
So I disagree that keeping us up is a success.

Is there any prize for finishing 14th rather than 19th? If we get safe early enough then he may choose to look at players/formations in the final few games, were we to drop a couple of places due to experimentation that Robinson learns from would that be the end of the world.

It would be nice to finish the season well but it’s not the be all and end all, with this dysfunctional set of players I don’t think anyone should set the bar to high, next season when he has had the chance to bring his own players in will be the time to judge him.

I think that he has far bigger expectations (thank goodness)
He quoted Charlton winning four of the last five games last season
I think that we need to get used to KR thinking that 10 games to go two wins is no success. Thank goodness for that !!

Give him the responsibility of the role, get him on a new contract. Did I read KR tried to sign Rothwell previously? Or just chat on here!?[/QUOTE]

In the space of 72 hours Robinson has showed what we really lacked under Pep. A clear strategy for the club structure, a plan of how he wants to play and finally passion.

We might of lost 3 nil today but that post match interview is a breath of fresh air and could be the turning point of the season which gets us out of trouble.

Most impressed wth his passion post match. I hope he can impart a good proportion of that to the team over the next games.

Nonetheless....It's about time we had some good luck too. ?

Back
Top Bottom