Karl remembers

Loyal

Nice to see Mr Robinson has done his homework on the club. Giving a shout out to the Oxford (firm) in the old days that was well known country wide. In his recent interview

Nice to see Mr Robinson has done his homework on the club. Giving a shout out to the Oxford (firm) in the old days that was well known country wide. In his recent interview
In what context does he give a shout out? I might be old fashioned (please correct me if I'm mistaken), but my interpretation of the word 'firm' in football is linked with scrapping and negative stuff (no offense).
The good firms are: handshakes, bums and boobs :)

There is an iFollow video - https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2019/may/karl-reflects/ (Free to view, you don't have to be a subscriber) in which he talks about Oxford supporters (past ?) reputation at about the 12 minute mark.

Thanks for the link. So he mentions the ‘firm’ in passing when discussing the idea that OUFC lost some of its identity with the decline towards non-league, stadium move and numerous ownership switches.

I haven’t watched the whole interview, but the general thread was that he has seen our identity start to come back with a great atmosphere and improved home record at the breeze block when things began to click in the second half of last season.

I really hope we can make a good go of this close season and make a good start to 2019-20. COYY

Back
Top Bottom