Kane Hemmings

Sadly the days where we can take Billy Hamilton off Burnley for 100k and John Aldridge off Newport for 80k are gone (sigh).

• React
Reactions: Ian
Did Appleton ever sign a striker where it worked well? Considering that Hylton wasn't his signing and Roofe was more of a winger/10, I think that's one part he always struggled with. Some names of the top of my head I can think of who we signed, Waring,Campbell,Hoban, Gnanduillet.

Ryan Taylor.

Would have loved to have had Ryan Taylor here this season, his contribution was definitely underrated.
Absolutely. Didn't get many goals but was a very effective target man. Interesting that Plymouth fans blame his absence for their form tailing off.

Would have loved to have had Ryan Taylor here this season, his contribution was definitely underrated.
Absolutely. Didn't get many goals but was a very effective target man. Interesting that Plymouth fans blame his absence for their form tailing off.

His injury-prone nature was the only black mark against his name for me during his spell here. So many strings to his bow.

*** Please ignore this post - I am an idiot :0 ***

Well...

Apart from his getting deliberately booked so he could have Christmas off
Being signed as a striker but then insisting on playing some odd midfield role of his own devising
Turning the heads of younger members of the playing staff
Trying sometimes but not bothering at others
Only actually scoring 4 times in the 40 odd league games he played for us despite his reputation and pay packet

A decent target man and a talented (secret) footballer - but by the end of his time with us, it had all worn a bit thin with me TBH

*** Please ignore this post - I am an idiot :0 ***

Last edited:
Well...

Apart from his getting deliberately booked so he could have Christmas off
Being signed as a striker but then insisting on playing some odd midfield role of his own devising
Turning the heads of younger members of the playing staff
Trying sometimes but not bothering at others
Only actually scoring 4 times in the 40 odd league games he played for us despite his reputation and pay packet

A decent target man and a talented (secret) footballer - but by the end of his time with us, it had all worn a bit thin with me TBH

???

Are you mixing up Ryan Taylor and Dave Kitson?

His injury-prone nature was the only black mark against his name for me during his spell here. So many strings to his bow.
I get that he wasn't in the team to be the main goal scorer, but he scored 4 goals in 41 games, that's a big black mark for any striker

The only black mark? Seriously?
He couldnt hit a barn door and was a striker. That was a bit of a black mark.
At times in games he was anonymous. He could be bullied by a big centre back.
At times he could look a really good striker. But to me that wasnt often enough. MAPP seemed to think that he wasnt good enough.

Back
Top Bottom