Ex Player Kane Hemmings

Personally I didn’t think he was up to it. He certainly wasn’t worth what we paid for him, rumoured to be £250k. If we could get £100k plus add ons etc then we should do it.
We signed him after 42/21 goals for Dundee in SPL. Maybe he turns it on, when he wants to i.e new contract/wants a move etc.

For me he blew a bit hot-and-cold. Decent enough on a good day, just didn't have enough good days.

Depends though - if we're shipping out players in the window it wouldn't hurt to bring him back, but he's hardly going to fire us into the promotion spots imo.

Agree he was played out of position. A shame, particularly as he looked very much like a confidence player

It wouldn’t be a disaster if he came back but the oppo to recoup cash makes more sense. And with him scoring goals and Mansfield desperate for promotion we should play hard ball over the fee

How can clothead say it’s too early to make a decision on whether to bring back Hemmings?
Surely that’s the first decision you make, then on that basis you know whether you need to bring in a replacement or not.
If the Hemmings decision is delayed then there will be less time to replace him if we need to. Less money needs to spent by slippery.

How can clothead say it’s too early to make a decision on whether to bring back Hemmings?
Surely that’s the first decision you make, then on that basis you know whether you need to bring in a replacement or not.
If the Hemmings decision is delayed then there will be less time to replace him if we need to. Less money needs to spent by slippery.
So on the flip side of that, if we miss out on the target/targets we are after we can recall Kane on the last day. Make the decision to early and we could have to many players for that position

So on the flip side of that, if we miss out on the target/targets we are after we can recall Kane on the last day. Make the decision to early and we could have to many players for that position

Oh come on, you wouldn't recall a player as a last desperate resort just because we couldn't get our targets. If he's any good, recall him now and embed him into the new 442 system, if he's not then leave him at Mansfield or sell him. You cant really believe he's the back up plan if no one comes in.

Oh come on, you wouldn't recall a player as a last desperate resort just because we couldn't get our targets. If he's any good, recall him now and embed him into the new 442 system, if he's not then leave him at Mansfield or sell him. You cant really believe he's the back up plan if no one comes in.
Why does it have to be a back up? Players are sent out to get game time and improve, if we’re looking at bringing in a proven striker then Kane will probably remain where he is, if we bring in a young unproven player for the future then we might see Kane come back and him go out. There is loads of possibilities. But let’s jump to the first conclusion, call the manager a childish name and start panicking

Why does it have to be a back up? Players are sent out to get game time and improve, if we’re looking at bringing in a proven striker then Kane will probably remain where he is, if we bring in a young unproven player for the future then we might see Kane come back and him go out. There is loads of possibilities. But let’s jump to the first conclusion, call the manager a childish name and start panicking

But Hemmings wasn't getting in the first team and looked unlikely to, therefore wasn't sent out to get more game time. At the time he was surplus to requirements.
Oh, and it's there are many possibilities, not is loads of possibilities. Oops sorry, to correct you again, I hadn't started panicking, I have been panicking for the last 3 months or so.

Wow. The old I’m losing the argument so I’ll pick on the spelling or grammar to make me look correct tactic. Go you

I liked Hemmings when he was here and think he would fit in with a 442 system with Thomas.
Hopefully our new defender will fit in. Defence has been weak so hopefully we will have four or five in and two out.

As others have intimated Kane Hemmings is a goal scorer, he just needs the service. He's never going to do what Kemar did and create lots of goals for himself.

I agree with the clubs position, leave him at Mansfield until we need him. I'm hoping we are looking for another striker in the Transfer Window, if it doesn't come off (which quite often happens). Recall Kane before the Window closes.

Don't get a lot of these comments ?
"leave him at Mansfield until we need him"
Need him ?
We've needed him since about about October.

"players are sent out to improve their game and get game time"

This is not a youth player going on loan to improve his game.
This is a former SPL striker,who has played in the Champions league and is nearly 27.

Either he is good enough or he's not.
If he is, bring him back.
If he isn't, get rid.

Different type of player for sure, but Pep might see Hemmings as our ‘insurance’ against Payne being recalled at the last minute.

Payne is recalled near the deadline therefore we in turn recall Hemmings. Would P**s off fatty Evans too. ?

Hemmings was sent out on loan to get first team football because the strikers we had at the time were out performing him.

Many, many senior professionals are sent out on loan to get regular playing time and build a bit of momentum. Confidence for a striker is also important and it’s fairly apparent that Hemmings regular run of games for Mansfield has helped him find some confidence and the back of the net.

I actually thought he was a pretty useful player and certainly wouldn’t be adverse to him returning to the club. We don’t have a lot of options and unless we bring in a decent striker (ready to hit the ground running) i’d like to see him partner Obika or Thomas up top.

We don't have that many problems scoring goals, and in games where we've struggled for chances I'm not sure how much of a difference Hemmings will have made, because, as others have said, he's not the type of player who will create chances.

He was also unsuccessful in a two with Thomas for periods last season, of course that could change, but I don't understand how that is now the answer.

Leave him where he's started to come good for now and recall him if needs be, but we're probably after better than him and so recalling him now would be foolish when we can just wait.

I'd like to see what Mehmeti can do before recalling Kane when he is playing regularly for Mansfield. Mehmeti showed some promising signs on Monday with the runs he made as well as decent pace and height.

Agree, he’s not been sent out just because we don’t want him. 1/ he can improve his confidence and possibly come back a player in form. 2/ he’s a more valuable asset, having scored 10/15 goals in a season on loan than he is playing a bit part off the bench here.

If we can get better then great, if they fall through then it is at least another option we can use
This has to be one of the most pointless of recent threads. Hemmings had loads of opportunities last season in a much better team than we have now. He scored six league goals. The rest were against reserve teams/lower league teams in the cups. He's not good enough for L1. The reason he is doing well in L2 is because that is his level. If Hoban starts scoring in the League of Ireland should we get him back as well?

I'd have Hylton back in a heartbeat. But he was/is a far better player than Hemmings. It doesn't matter what formation we play, Hemmimgs is not good enough for L1

He wasn’t playing in a formation that suited his game at all. Look at Danny hylton goals at l1 level , would u have him back ? Ive not even said we should recall him, just that pep saying he will wait and see is the right option. If we can get better then great

Jefferson Louis scored 13 in 21 appearances for Banbury before moving to Chesham. Might he be worth a look?

But in all seriousness, I think the hope is we can start signing players to improve the squad and not maintain it. Sadly for Kane I don't think he is an improvement on what we have. I don't know the details of the loan but I'm assuming a contribution of his wage is being paid, this free's up a bit of cash for someone else, if he comes back we take the full financial burden of the player which means less money elsewhere.

On balance I think he should stay at Macclesfield

What I don't understand about this loan is that Pep stated recently that he had been frustrated as he has always wanted to play two up top, but due to injuries to strikers has never been able to. So why loan out one of your fit strikers if you're short of numbers?

I'm not saying Hemmings is, or is not, the long term solution, but it seems an absurd decision at that particular time and under the circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom