Ex Player Kane Hemmings

Shosho

Not seen much mentioned about Hemmings and opinion on recalling through January.

He looks to be coming in to form at Mansfield - got a brace at the weekend.

A few quotes from Stagsnet:

'Kane Hemmings was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch, superb touch, hold up play and turns. Shame he didn't get the hat trick from the superb touch and turn all in one movement.'

'Big up for Hemmings who was superb. Lets hope Oxford dont watch the video of him from today.'

What do we think?

With Thomas/Obika/Mehmeti and GVK are we well stocked up top?

Personally, if we play to the same game plan as we did vs MK...running the channels and playing across the 6 yard box, I could see Hemmings playing 1 of a front 2 (probably Obika).

Mehmeti looked to have decent movement, just worry about injuries with all 4 of the above!

If we could get GvK and Hall when fit whipping crosses into the box, Hemmings alongside either Thomas or Obika would get a hatful. It would be nice to just see him being played to his strengths and getting his confidence up.

Pep is a fan so will bring him back in Jan. That's from Instagram.

Oxbible?

Its worth looking through the goals Hemmings has scored...play to his strengths and he is a good alterative to Thomas. Watching on Youtube most are great poacher finishes.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 15.24.44.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 15.24.44.png
    76.3 KB · Views: 27
knows where the goal is..... has scored against prem teams(last season facup)..... could do a job for OUFC, always depending on the system being played and quality of supply he gets

never set the world alight under Mapp, but was signed under Mapps tenure so should be more than capable of delivering at L1 level

knows where the goal is..... has scored against prem teams(last season facup)..... could do a job for OUFC, always depending on the system being played and quality of supply he gets

never set the world alight under Mapp, but was signed under Mapps tenure so should be more than capable of delivering at L1 level

Plus usually played as the lone striker.

Feel he would thrive with another long side him and low crosses (like against MK).

Blimey, how quickly people forget :(

Hemmings might be doing OK in the division below (and I'm glad it is working out for him) but he was really not very good at all for us. Yes, he could put the ball in from a few yards (sometimes, there were some horrible misses) but he offered nothing else. His strengths are like those of Thomas, but he is slower and less reliable. Would he be better in a two? Possibly with Obika, certainly not with Thomas.

It sounds harsh (and is!), but I was quite glad to see the back of him and wouldn't be particularly glad to see him return.

He scored a great goal against Rotherham supplied from a packet run down the left wing with a pin point cross from Johnson, which I believe was the reason for Johnson being here, it was well taken as Hemmings made contact and scored and it was almost repeated a short while later. The just of this post is down to the fact that someone sent in a good cross for Hemmings to score. Sadly it didn’t work out for him, I’m not sure if it would now and I’ve been harping on long enough in thenprecioys forum for a decent striker.

Tough one. I think if we picked him up for nowt from Nowheresville United then I think our opinions of him would be slightly different. As it is, the fact we splashed a fair amount of dough on him raised the bar in terms of expectations and continues to do so (a la the possibility of him "coming good" at last and showing his value). I wonder if Mansfield are actively playing to his strengths more and putting balls in to him instead of using him as a target man with balls from the back.

Worth also noting that while a player may not intrinsically change, they may flourish in different surroundings.

It's harsh, but I think he's more suited to League 2 football. Nominal fee and he'll be off to Mansfield permanently I shouldn't wonder...

He's not L1 standard!!
Ask yourself if he would get into any of the better L1 teams? The answer is no btw.
He has the same issue as Hoban. Technically ok, but slow feet and panics under pressure from better L1 defenders.
From memory, quite a few if his goals came in the cups last season.
If Mansfield offer £50k+, I'd bite their hands off.

Worth pointing out that Hemmings scored 18 goals in all competitions last season. A tally that I don't think any of our current strikers will reach this year. All of that whilst playing a role that didn't suit him.

Scored 6 in the league ( where it mattered the most ) 5 in the FA cup and 4 in other cup comps not really a great return

How does anyone know he is not league one standard, it is all conjecture. I say give him a try. Many were saying Hylton would not cut it in division one. Box to box, great engine, wind up the opposition, big mistake letting him go. I say give Kane a second shot. Mapp must have seen something in him.

Scored 6 in the league ( where it mattered the most ) 5 in the FA cup and 4 in other cup comps not really a great return

They all count. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say he was brilliant, far from it. I was just making the point that his stats were pretty good, and he wasn't terrible, as quite a few seem to think. His demeanour and body language often counted against him I think, gave the impression he wasn't fussed but I don't think that's was the case.

They all count. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say he was brilliant, far from it. I was just making the point that his stats were pretty good, and he wasn't terrible, as quite a few seem to think. His demeanour and body language often counted against him I think, gave the impression he wasn't fussed but I don't think that's was the case.

Sorry wasn’t having a dig it was just his 6 goals in the League that convened me. I watched you tune clips of him at Dundee and was impressed unfortunately it didn’t take an out for him, but if he’s recalled I will still cheer as we never know
His loan spell to Mansfield May have just done the trick to get him firing.

How does anyone know he is not league one standard, it is all conjecture. I say give him a try. Many were saying Hylton would not cut it in division one. Box to box, great engine, wind up the opposition, big mistake letting him go. I say give Kane a second shot. Mapp must have seen something in him.

I would have kept Danny to give him a chance at L1 but if there is one thing the championship was out of his reach, and being in L1 we could of seen what he was like. He was only offered a years contract but Luton offered him 2 so as with anyone you need security.

Back
Top Bottom