Ex Player Kane Hemmings

Likely to be recalled? He certainly seems to have found his feet at Mansfield but maybe league 2 is his level?

Likely to be recalled? He certainly seems to have found his feet at Mansfield but maybe league 2 is his level?
Dependent on Result next week i reckon. If we have a performance in front of goal like yesterday then I'd say this would be our cheap solution and would be highly likely he is recalled.

If we play really well and the strikers perform like they did against MK. Then i think Hemmings will be sold there and then for a loss on what was paid for him.

A pacey winger putting the ball into the 6 yard box and Hemmings could be the player we thought we'd signed. Definitely worth another go, but only if played alongside someone in a 442 set up.
Definitely not worth another go
The reason he is doing well is because it is L2

Maybe not Kane, but think we could do with that natural poacher type of player, looking at the clips from yesterday and the gvk, Obika and Thomas chances from the last Home game. We’re now creating a lot of chances in the box, just our finishing is still poor.

Maybe not Kane, but think we could do with that natural poacher type of player, looking at the clips from yesterday and the gvk, Obika and Thomas chances from the last Home game. We’re now creating a lot of chances in the box, just our finishing is still poor.

But our strikers are not the best though, we need someone who is prepared to shoot rather than try and waltz their way through the box, unfortunately we haven’t got them last season Maguire and McAleny scored from outside the box but now it’s rare that happens. Ruffles scored from outside the box against Blackpool but that’s about it.

But our strikers are not the best though, we need someone who is prepared to shoot rather than try and waltz their way through the box, unfortunately we haven’t got them last season Maguire and McAleny scored from outside the box but now it’s rare that happens. Ruffles scored from outside the box against Blackpool but that’s about it.

Not to worried about outside the box. But that’s several chances now where gvk and obika have gone 1on1 wth the keeper and just played it straight at him. Thomas is all about pace and power. Just think we’re missing a natural finisher. To play off obika or Thomas. A matt tubbs/ jamie cuerton type of player who puts away a much higher percentage of chances in the area

Definitely not worth another go
The reason he is doing well is because it is L2

Maybe, or maybe because they are playing to his strengths. Put the ball in at pace and he could easily get into double figures for us. Play him as a hold up playing for Payne and he may as well stay where he is!

Not to worried about outside the box. But that’s several chances now where gvk and obika have gone 1on1 wth the keeper and just played it straight at him. Thomas is all about pace and power. Just think we’re missing a natural finisher. To play off obika or Thomas. A matt tubbs/ jamie cuerton type of player who puts away a much higher percentage of chances in the area

That would be nice it’s what this club have missed

I’ve never been impressed with Hemmings but I wonder if Mehmeti is any better? We’ve hardly seen him. Hopefully management have been able to form a judgement on their relative merits

Not being flippant, but did Hemmings do anything last season to show that with the right service he could be a successful striker at League 1 level? What are we basing this on?

Not saying Hemmings is the answer, and I’m on the fence about bringing him back, but the difference in opinions towards him and Roberts is very strange.

Hemmings scored more goals last season than Roberts has in his entire Oxford career. James has scored a few goals in the conference and some fans are asking to give him another chance. Hemmings has scored more goals in the league above Roberts, yet that is deemed as his level

Not saying Hemmings is the answer, and I’m on the fence about bringing him back, but the difference in opinions towards him and Roberts is very strange.

Hemmings scored more goals last season than Roberts has in his entire Oxford career. James has scored a few goals in the conference and some fans are asking to give him another chance. Hemmings has scored more goals in the league above Roberts, yet that is deemed as his level
No mystery at all.
Roberts looked very promising in his early appearances, although his level may end up being L2/Conference. Hemmings has never looked anything other than clumsy and slow. He had loads of opportunities last season in a very good L1 team and never looked anywhere near good enough.

But in both situations there are also plenty of people saying leave them where they are, and that we can do better.

Back
Top Bottom