General Kabongo Tshimanga

True. But on the few occasions Winnall has been fit, he's looked very good. A better analogy would be Pat Hoban. League of Ireland is about L2/National League level. And he was/is a stand out player for Dundalk. 25+ goals a season, but found L1 far too quick. Possibly the same for Cooper. Last season's NI player of the season, but struggles to make the bench here. Players have generally found their level by their mid 20's. Anyone taking a punt on Tshimanga is probably looking at £500k, which is a lot for a L1 club, which is probably the level he would look to move to. Anyway. It's highly unlikely we will be signing him. Aygei isn't the back up solution to Taylor and I am sure KR knows that.
I'm correcting myself! Hoban played for us in L2. You could see he was a decent player, but just found the pace too quick.

But KR also said winnall was the best you can get at this level so I would question his judgment on strikers to be honest
The Winnall of Barnsley probably is the best you can get at this level, however he's scored 15 league goals in the least 4 1/2 seasons now so I think injuries have just halted him.

It seems fairly obvious KR isn't keen on Agyei, and I personally am not convinced by Whyte up top.

How about we loan a PL prospect who needs game time maybe? Are there any free agents out there who fit the bill?

The Winnall of Barnsley probably is the best you can get at this level, however he's scored 15 league goals in the least 4 1/2 seasons now so I think injuries have just halted him.

It seems fairly obvious KR isn't keen on Agyei, and I personally am not convinced by Whyte up top.

How about we loan a PL prospect who needs game time maybe? Are there any free agents out there who fit the bill?
Dane Scarlett

Would be a bit of a punt as 17 is very very young, depends what KR is after I guess.
Jerome Sinclair contract till the end of the season just to see how he does, a free agent and not big wages, a chance to see if he’s with a contract at the end.

At 25 Jerome Sinclair has played 109 career games and scored only 11 goals - his total of 4 for us is the best he's managed for any club. If he doesn't find another club soon he can presumably be regarded as a former footballer.

Not sure I really want a striker in January who has barely played for the last few months. They need to be ready to go, whatever level.
True, I understand where you’re coming from but someone suggested a 17 year old from a premiership side should suffice, but if they’re in the reserves or U21’s or whatever it is they to would not have had decent enough experience in competitive football but there is always Simms.

At 25 Jerome Sinclair has played 109 career games and scored only 11 goals - his total of 4 for us is the best he's managed for any club. If he doesn't find another club soon he can presumably be regarded as a former footballer.
Would and should have been 5 which would have equates to 1-3 if he has kept himself fit and is a free maybe not our first choice but surely with a low financial layout has to be a consideration

His goal/assist to minutes played was actually decent for us and amazingly comparable to players far higher in the goalscoring charts at the time.

But his decisions since haven't exactly been the best for his career it seems and he needs to get playing. With all the above said I very much doubt we'll sign him as I think that ship sailed along time ago.

True, I understand where you’re coming from but someone suggested a 17 year old from a premiership side should suffice, but if they’re in the reserves or U21’s or whatever it is they to would not have had decent enough experience in competitive football but there is always Simms.

Simms played his first 45 mins of the season midweek

If you are looking for a loan striker that has played at the level, scored regularly, has played in the championship and has few minutes so far this season so could possibly be available …Tyler Walker

Last edited:
If you are looking for a loan striker that has played at the level, scored regularly, has played in the championship and has few minutes so far this season…Tyler Walker
Pretty impressive goal scoring rate

Why do I get the feeling Ellis Harrison is going to end up here in January. Not itk by any means, just got a feeling

TBH it's pointless bringing in a young striker from a PL club to play men's football as we may as well put one of our young strikers in, if he does well we reap the rewards
As for Callum Morton there's a player with a bit of potential. I think he could score a hatfull for us, with the bonus he that he wouldn't have to cover every inch of the pitch.
If he's on a season long loan at Fleetwood try and persuade him and WBA to get him here

If you are looking for a loan striker that has played at the level, scored regularly, has played in the championship and has few minutes so far this season so could possibly be available …Tyler Walker
He has good stats at l1 + l2 level

Dion Charles won’t sign a contract at Accrington and has been frozen out by Coleman.

His contract expires next summer, could be worth a try. Scored a few last season.

Dion Charles won’t sign a contract at Accrington and has been frozen out by Coleman.

His contract expires next summer, could be worth a try. Scored a few last season.
Seems a good shout but don't see it happening. Doesn't really fit the mould of players KR usually brings in

TBH it's pointless bringing in a young striker from a PL club to play men's football as we may as well put one of our young strikers in, if he does well we reap the rewards
As for Callum Morton there's a player with a bit of potential. I think he could score a hatfull for us, with the bonus he that he wouldn't have to cover every inch of the pitch.
If he's on a season long loan at Fleetwood try and persuade him and WBA to get him here

Blackpool got a young PL striker on loan and it helped them get promoted.

Back
Top Bottom