General Kabongo Tshimanga

Wandering Yellow

I wonder if the club have ever looked at this player? Seems like somebody who deserves a shot at a higher level, absolute goal-machine at National League level.

Averaged over a goal every two games for both Oxford City and Boreham Wood, and has seven league goals in seven appearances for Chesterfield.

Could this player be the next Mo Eisa, Vardy, Matty Taylor, Dwight Gayle...

He knows Oxford and knows where the back of the net is, given our current draught in front of goal could we do much worse than taking a chance on this player? Peterborough have a succesful model of taking chances on players like this.

KR will have known him from his MK Dons days and I know the club looked at him at Oxford City.

A decent player but scoring one in every two or so at NL level doesn’t always translate to success up the leagues. For every Jamie Vardy or Dwight Gayle, there are plenty of no marks too.

If he keeps scoring at Chesterfield it may be worth a look but I feel that the club have moved onto other targets.

The guy is really banging them in at the moment. KR clearly doesn't fancy Agyei... offload Agyei and try and get Tshimanga?

He scored again today. Unstoppable form. Wish he was here!

The club have looked at him for at least the last 2 seasons and KR worked with him at MK Dons. They're more than aware of him particularly after his time at Oxford City. The step up from non-league to League One is huge when you see the quality in our league nowadays especially in January where players struggle to hit the ground running.

His price will be inflated at the moment and while I haven't seen many highlights since he left Ox City I can't believe he's improved THAT drastically in the last couple of years to merit spending over the odds for a risk. Think its time to move on with this one and raid the Irish/Northern Irish (or even Scottish) leagues as we have done with Cooper, Sykes, Whyte and McNally.

Shame Blackpool got Shayne Lavery really.

I’d be interested to know how much Boreham Wood and indeed Chesterfield paid for him.
Its not our money that would be buying him but I would’ve thought £400000 for him would keep both clubs happy.
I see too Boreham Wood are managing without him, having Tyrone Marsh on the score sheet

I’d be interested to know how much Boreham Wood and indeed Chesterfield paid for him.
Its not our money that would be buying him but I would’ve thought £400000 for him would keep both clubs happy.
I see too Boreham Wood are managing without him, having Tyrone Marsh on the score sheet

I think Chesterfield paid around £200k but could be wrong.

Not for me - post-2017 he's only played at National League level or below. There's a reason he's consistently playing there. Beano had a very similar record to Tshimanga at Conference level (c.1 in 2) but this tailed off at League Two level let alone League One or above.

Not for me - post-2017 he's only played at National League level or below. There's a reason he's consistently playing there. Beano had a very similar record to Tshimanga at Conference level (c.1 in 2) but this tailed off at League Two level let alone League One or above.
Or he could be the next Vardy/Gray/Gayle/Eisa... who knows at this point!

It's always a gamble when a player moves up the divisions, and we've tried many times in recent years to find our rags-to-riches gem (Jonte Smith, John Campbell, Derick Osei-Yaw, Oussama Zamouri) and it's had limited success. So it's no cast-iron guarantee things will work out. And for every Jamie Vardy, there are hundreds that just never make it.

Granted Tshimanga's stats make for great reading, but if Karl has worked with him before, has seen him training up close and still doesn't take the punt despite loving attackers. It hints there's something not worth pursuing.

And whilst he's scored a hatful of goals at non-league, wouldn't have Agyei and Winnall if playing at that level? And lots on here don't think those two are good enough.

Well I suppose there is always Henry Landers.😉

Back
Top Bottom