Just how stupid is Danny Baker?

Yes but everybody knows what the Target is like - Brand probably thinks she was funny inciting a serious criminal offence which is far from amusing
They know what he's like but still vote for him - sad times.

Comedians have always pushed the boundaries of convention. Frankie Boyle and his ilk have made wonderful careers for themselves out of doing just that. Gervais, in his last stand-up show, did a big piece on why it should be so. Now you may or may not find that funny, but it is clearly delivered in the name of humour. Personally, I don't think it was right for Jo Brand to say what she did, it was irresponsible and, in my opinion, not funny but it is very different from the dog-whistles delivered by Farage and his stormtroopers.

I haven't heard that Farage was offended by the joke, but it seems that many are on his behalf. Oh, the irony.

They know what he's like but still vote for him - sad times.

Comedians have always pushed the boundaries of convention. Frankie Boyle and his ilk have made wonderful careers for themselves out of doing just that. Gervais, in his last stand-up show, did a big piece on why it should be so. Now you may or may not find that funny, but it is clearly delivered in the name of humour. Personally, I don't think it was right for Jo Brand to say what she did, it was irresponsible and, in my opinion, not funny but it is very different from the dog-whistles delivered by Farage and his stormtroopers.

I haven't heard that Farage was offended by the joke, but it seems that many are on his behalf. Oh, the irony.
Part of me wonders if some people are offended on Farage's half just because that is how the game works nowadays and they want to "stick it" to the other side for a change to highlight for what they perceive as rank hypocrisy. You go online, hysterically shriek about how awful it, claim offense to see how quickly someone will apologise and move onto the next crisis.

Back
Top Bottom