Just another brick in the wall.

Johnox37en

When this ground was being built, one way to raise cash was to "buy a brick" and many fans, friends, families etc did so as a way to make a contribution. Their names and messages were engraved on them and built into a part of the stadium where all can see. When we move from here, wouldn't it be nice if those bricks could be rescued and built into a display area in the new stadium.

If we move, do the same thing again. Would love to get dad's name on any new ground.

When this ground was being built, one way to raise cash was to "buy a brick" and many fans, friends, families etc did so as a way to make a contribution. Their names and messages were engraved on them and built into a part of the stadium where all can see. When we move from here, wouldn't it be nice if those bricks could be rescued and built into a display area in the new stadium.
Love the optimism!

I don't agree with the OP. My son and I both bought original bricks and the thing I remember most about them is how long it took until FK was shamed into actually mounting them on the wall (they're only fascias, not actual bricks). We used to regularly goad a particularly miserable East Stand steward while we were waiting for the gates to be opened with shouts of 'where's our bricks then'. Usually he replied along the lines of us probably not going to be seeing them in his lifetime. I nearly fell over when they finally appeared.
So no, I don't want any reminder of the Kassam at any new stadium. We've still got the certificates, we don't need the bricks.

Re: the exam question from Ryan

Either solution would be acceptable I guess. It's a personal sentiment expressed on it. I just don't like the thought of them being 'skipped'

I've thought about what would happen to them one day as I found my brick certificate a couple of weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom