Joshua v Ruiz

holdsteady

Big fight tonight, can only see it going one of two ways, Joshua staying at distance to win on points or (a surprisingly heavy) Ruiz working his way inside and taking Joshua out in rounds 7 to 10.

Depends how Ruiz has reacted to becoming rich and the champion, to some it’s enough and they slack off, but Ruiz appeared to have Joshua’s number and be the wrong type of fighter for AJ, stocky, strong with decent skills, power, chin and fast hands, all things you need to make the most of Joshua’s weakness’s of a bit of a dodgy chin, questionable stamina and not the being the best inside fighter.

Joshua needs to not let Ruiz get in close to him (this time)

I hope that AJ wins but it could go either way.
I suspect that AJ will be a little more careful and use his reach advantage. There is a surprisingly big weight difference.

Just under £25!

Anyone ordering this?

I might be "in Canada" this evening ?, watching on DAZN

If Joshua is really humbled after the last fight, he has a good chance to win due to his size and power. Big if though - hard to know who will win as it's so close between them. Ruiz is going to be laying some heavy punches down and Joshua needs to show he can take those shots. No one knows if he can.

I'm verging on another Ruiz win tonight, but I'm not sure if he has the desire he had in the last fight, or if his fitness will fail if the fight goes long.

I wonder about that Joshua chin.
He leaves that hanging out there and there is only going to be one outcome.
Ruiz is heavier than the last fight and Joshua is very much lighter.
Does Joshua have the heart for the fight though?
Can’t see it going all the way so... Ruiz by knockout.

No atmosphere in the stadium, you could well be mistaken for this being hosted in the USA... That's what no booze does for you!

Comprehensive win, 3rd fight was probably already written into the contract if AJ made it 1-1.

If I was Joshua I wouldn’t fight him again, he can’t stop the bloke and that’s 12 more rounds of having to avoid catching that one big shot, sensible choice is to stay away from him.

If I was Joshua I wouldn’t fight him again, he can’t stop the bloke and that’s 12 more rounds of having to avoid catching that one big shot, sensible choice is to stay away from him.
Well he's already proven he can do that at least.