Ex Player Josh Ruffels

And would we miss Obita's midfield play if we moved him backwards? I think we would.

On the basis that (however we have managed to do it!) the goals conceded column has recently been showing much smaller figures, I'd be tempted to leave the defence well alone (if possible depending on Atkinson's injury). Let's have a look at how to make the wide players and attacking midfielders get the ball to Taylor without booting it as his head - the more the ball is up front, the less pressure will be on the defence anyway.
Very much my thoughts too, with obita better at helping out defensively than some of our other wide players

And would we miss Obita's midfield play if we moved him backwards? I think we would.

On the basis that (however we have managed to do it!) the goals conceded column has recently been showing much smaller figures, I'd be tempted to leave the defence well alone (if possible depending on Atkinson's injury). Let's have a look at how to make the wide players and attacking midfielders get the ball to Taylor without booting it as his head - the more the ball is up front, the less pressure will be on the defence anyway.

I'll preface my comments with I have no problem with Josh Ruffels at left back, and he'll come back to his best before long imo.

That said, if we signed somebody like Marcus Browne and then moved Obita back this could be a good combination. If the alternative is Shodipo then I prefer the Ruffels/Obita combination every time.

Anyone who thinks Ruffels on merit deserves to be our team is disllusional.
Have we a stand out replacement NO
So planning wise we need although the young strong physical attacking player in our ranks could be the solution
Not a question of if but when.

Well done JR this evening.
Solid at the back, scored and could have had 2 more.
Did somebody seriously suggest that JR is still a midfield player?
He was most supporters player of the season 2 seasons ago (as left back) and last season was a good player in a team that nearly went up.
Sure he hasn't been at his best since injury, but he seems to me to be getting better as the season goes on.

Well done Ruffs
Would be great to mark this milestone with a goal and 3 points

Yes, if he could score tonight, that would be a fitting marker for a major milestone.

Excellent achievement. He should be proud of himself.

It is interesting to see some of the names at the bottom of this article (most appearances)
I am pretty sure Ron Atkinson's record will never be beaten!

Back
Top Bottom