Ex Player Jordan Graham

Its clear Lambert doesn't want him. Being the diplomat by saying he has young players coming through!!

Had it confirmed by someone who you’d expect to know [emoji23] that it’s done...

It sounds like Jordan Graham is about to sign when the transfer window opens which is good news.
But what does this mean? Browne going back to West Ham? Or Browne playing up front as a centre forward?
4 wingers seems a bit of a luxury.
It is interesting to see that the club have a couple of options to return loan players in the window.i would imagine that if those are Smith Garbutt or Carruthers they will be off?

How about Holmes going back. A winger who can't play more than 60 minutes a fortnight isn't really all that much use. Even if he is a good player.

Send Mitchell and Smith back, Smith just hasn't done it.Sadly I can see west ham recalling Marcus Browne and loaning him to a championship club

Whilst West Ham are within their right to say one thing and do another, the OM did report that he's ours until the end of the season. I wouldn't be too worried about Browne leaving just yet.

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/...-browne-but-oxford-united-do-not-fear-recall/

I'd be more concerned about sending Smith back. Doesn't the parent club have to agree with us sending a player back? We want him gone, he's offering little and his space would free up a wage.

Excited for Graham to re-join us again although I have nagging doubts whether we may end up in a Rob Hall situation where the Mark II version isn't quite as good as the one we saw a couple of years ago.

Browne is not far off performing at championship level. However this is the first time in his career he has accrued consistent and meaningful minutes.

I’m not sure what West Ham have to gain recalling him.

Herbie Kane and Wilks at Doncaster have similar problems. Kane locked in contract talks with Liverpool, Wilks out of contract in the summer. Both could get recalled and pulled out of an environment they are both performing in.

Also...sending Holmes back ?

Whilst West Ham are within their right to say one thing and do another, the OM did report that he's ours until the end of the season. I wouldn't be too worried about Browne leaving just yet.

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/...-browne-but-oxford-united-do-not-fear-recall/

I'd be more concerned about sending Smith back. Doesn't the parent club have to agree with us sending a player back? We want him gone, he's offering little and his space would free up a wage.

Excited for Graham to re-join us again although I have nagging doubts whether we may end up in a Rob Hall situation where the Mark II version isn't quite as good as the one we saw a couple of years ago.

I don’t think a club is likely to insist on a young talent staying at a club if the loan club makes it clear that they wouldn’t be getting game time. It might be more likely for an older player perhaps - c.f. Holmes, albeit for different reasons - but it’s hardly going to do one of their prospects any good when they should be developing.

On your point re: Graham and Hall, it’s worth our fans considering two things as they get very excited about the potential deal. Both had successful initial spells in the League 2 so it’s hardly a surprise that they might have a lesser impact in a higher tier. Both also came back to us after injury set-backs too, although hopefully Graham can put that behind him in a way which unfortunately Hall hasn’t been able to.

I reckon he'll send back Garbutt and Smith. As for Browne he said himself he struggled up north because he couldn't go back home so unless someone like Reading,QPR or Brentford put in a loan offer for him I reckon he'll stay.

Browne won't be recalled, there's no reason for him to be. Graham will be an extra man that we can bring on to make a difference, the squad depth needs to be increased to push for the top end of the table.

Suggesting that someone will go back to make way for Graham is assuming he is ready to hit the ground running . . . he won't be and we will do well to treat him with kid gloves and ease him in if he is a permanent signing. I would suggest it's one thing to take a player with injury history on loan, but an entirely different matter when they are your player . .. tread carefully!

It sounds like Jordan Graham is about to sign when the transfer window opens which is good news.
But what does this mean? Browne going back to West Ham? Or Browne playing up front as a centre forward?
4 wingers seems a bit of a luxury.
It is interesting to see that the club have a couple of options to return loan players in the window.i would imagine that if those are Smith Garbutt or Carruthers they will be off?

Where does it say we have?

Where does it say we have?

Unless otherwise stated all loans have the option to be reviewed at the half way point. The club were criticised by some for allowing this in the summer as we didn't want to lose our top assets (like Payne last year). But this year we have the opportunity to move on Smith, Mitchell and Garbett who are getting little game time and hopefully replace with people able to contribute more!

Back
Top Bottom