Ex Player Jordan Graham

I thought he was exceptional yesterday, a class apart.

When we changed formation at half time, and he switched to the left, which is his "wrong" side, I was fearful that he would drift out of the game, as at Brentford he was more effective when playing on the right. He'd had a good first half on the right yesterday, so as I say, I wasn't convinced it was a wise move.

What followed was an exceptional display of wing play though. I loved the way that even though the Fleetwood defenders knew he would cut inside, even though they doubled up on him, even though he did the same step over trick more than once, they were absolutely powerless to stop him. He absolutely roasted them, and then delivered some quality balls into the box too. All the better that it was on the side closest to us, so that we could admire it close up. He nearly scored at the near post with a cheeky free kick near the end of the game too.

I think he's going to be a real player for us, nice lad too, very polite and humble. Well done Jordan.

PS: I'm not his dad!

Last edited:

When we changed formation at half time, and he switched to the left, which is his "wrong" side, I was fearful that he would drift out of the game, as at Brentford he was more effective when playing on the right. He'd had a good first half on the right yesterday, so as I say, I wasn't convinced it was a wise move.

What followed was an exceptional display of wing play though. I loved the way that even though the Fleetwood defenders knew he would cut inside, even though they doubled up on him, even though he did the same step over trick more than once, they were absolutely powerless to stop him. He absolutely roasted them, and then delivered some quality balls into the box too. All the better that it was on the side closest to us, so that we could admire it close up. He nearly scored at the near post with a check free kick near the end of the game too.

I think he's going to be a real player for us, nice lad too, very polite and humble. Well done Jordan.

Awww, has someone got a crush on Jordan Graham?

What followed was an exceptional display of wing play though. I loved the way that even though the Fleetwood defenders knew he would cut inside, even though they doubled up on him, even though he did the same step over trick more than once, they were absolutely powerless to stop him. He absolutely roasted them, and then delivered some quality balls into the box too. All the better that it was on the side closest to us, so that we could admire it close up. He nearly scored at the near post with a check free kick near the end of the game too.

He played wide left at Cheltenham on Tuesday, second half, and bamboozled their defence at times - his quick feet and
body ‘ swerves ‘ were a joy to watch. He can be electric at times and has so much class on the ball.

He’s worth the entrance money alone.

JG predominantly played on the left when he was Wolves best player in the championship, with his skill and vision he could play either side. So glad to see that he hasn't lost it.

As Mackie said in his interview, he and the other players are just beginning to understand what he can do, when he's going to cross and when he isn't. Assuming that improves, we should see more players in the box at the right time, hopefully scoring.

Keep it quiet, I'm grooming him.

229df619d7395265456c792413e0861f.gif

No, I’m his Dad!

As Mackie said in his interview, he and the other players are just beginning to understand what he can do, when he's going to cross and when he isn't. Assuming that improves, we should see more players in the box at the right time, hopefully scoring.

And indeed Graham said it himself in an earlier interview. Give us a couple of games to figure out he needs to link up, and, well…

And indeed Graham said it himself in an earlier interview. Give us a couple of games to figure out he needs to link up, and, well…
Agreed. Felt very positive after hearing those two speak (KR, on the other hand .........)

Thought it was worth resurrecting this thread to comment on JG’s performances.

What a pleasure it is to watch someone with his talent, athleticism and balance playing for us. His arrival has given us another terrific threat and I believe he’s going to continue to improve through the rest of this season. If we stay up, his arrival in January will be a huge contributor to that eventuality.

After all his injury worries, anxiety about his career must’ve been circling his mind; he surely must be delighted with his progress.

Well done, Jordan!

Thought it was worth resurrecting this thread to comment on JG’s performances.

What a pleasure it is to watch someone with his talent, athleticism and balance playing for us. His arrival has given us another terrific threat and I believe he’s going to continue to improve through the rest of this season. If we stay up, his arrival in January will be a huge contributor to that eventuality.

After all his injury worries, anxiety about his career must’ve been circling his mind; he surely must be delighted with his progress.

Well done, Jordan!

We’re also benefiting from him having trained with us for a few months before playing. His link up play with team mates is better than someone coming in cold.

All good points regarding JG. I love watching him play and as someone said yesterday he mixes his delivery up making it difficult for defenders to read. Just need other players to get on the end of them!!

Back
Top Bottom