Transfer News Jordan Archer

Would be a good trivia question to see if we can collectively name the other 25 (without cheating)!

I'll start......Eastwood, Stevens, Clarke, Buchel, Slocombe, Tardif, Turley, Woodman, Guatelli, Ripley.....

(turns out, it's easiest to remember the decent keepers and the utter disasters!)
I'll pass on that ... but good call @tonyw :)

though one of the 25 didnt play in a home game ( I think)

I believe Sam Warrell played a game in the FA Trophy too. Maybe not at the Kassam but certainly a game somewhere. Could have been that Tonbridge Angels game ...

Bradie Clarke to add to the list too.

Damian Martinez, Ian McCaldon, Simon Cox, Ben Hinchliffe...

Brown
Shearer
Ashdown
McCormick

I believe Sam Warrell played a game in the FA Trophy too. Maybe not at the Kassam but certainly a game somewhere. Could have been that Tonbridge Angels game ...

Bradie Clarke to add to the list too.

I've changed my mind - this thread is bringing back too many horrific memories. This is a terrible idea!

(although I believe that's now 23.....so apparently two more to go......)

semi interesting stat of sorts ... Archer was wearing number 26 shirt in yesterdays match

he is the 26th keeper to play for OUFC since the U's relocated to the Breeze Block

but only the 25th to have played for us at the Breeze Block.

George Long & Max Crocombe

Conor Ripley 1 game
Jake Cole in the conference

Just to wrap up this part of the thread that I hijacked......I think the combined intellects on this thread have now managed to come up with 26 names!

Simon Eastwood
Jack Stevens
Ryan Clarke
Sam Slocombe
Benji Buchel
Chris Tardif
Billy Turley
Andy Woodman
Andrea Guatelli
Connor Ripley
Jonathan Mitchell
Alan Judge
Richard Knight
Damian Martinez
Ian McCaldon
Simon Cox
Ben Hinchcliffe
Wayne Brown
Scott Shearer
Jamie Ashdown
Luke McCormick
Bradie Clarke
Sam Warrell
Max Crocombe
George Long
Jake Cole

So unless someone can come up with something wrong with any of the above names - we'll have to declare Sarge's semi-interesting stat null and void, as Archer would be the 27th keeper to play for Oxford in the breeze block era and therefore has the wrong number!!

Neither Damian Martinez nor Sam Warrell ever actually play for OUFC at the Kasstad.....but as Andy S puts it, that would leave us at 25......

Pretty sure I’ve seen Scott McNiven play in goal at the kasssam. Was it Atkins that didn’t often have a sub goalkeeper?

Pretty sure I’ve seen Scott McNiven play in goal at the kasssam. Was it Atkins that didn’t often have a sub goalkeeper?

That was Shrewsbury away at their old ground Gay Meadow when I think it was Woodman got injured. That was back in back in 2003.

Asa Hall played in goal once as I remember. Fairly sure Sam Warrell played a match at the Kasstad

Asa Hall played in goal once as I remember. Fairly sure Sam Warrell played a match at the Kasstad

One of our many defeats to Southend. Wayne Brown was sent off and Asa Hall went in, immediately conceded and then did pretty well after that.

Sam Warrell’s two games were away from home and one was indeed the Tonbridge game. A neat bit of trivia is that Ashley Barnes played for us that day too.

He hasn’t put a foot wrong since joining the club. I’ve been well impressed, and wouldn’t mind signing him on a permanent basis.

Had a bit of a dodgy moment with a Man City cross on Wednesday, but aside from that there's nothing from the Millwall compilation video that people got so worried about.

Very Impressed with Archer yesterday tough job to come mid season without having played. Was a bit worried against shrewsbury when he punched a few thought we had a flapper. But his handling was good against wycombe always tries to roll it out quick looks to be a decent shot stopper fair play to the lad for taking his chance

4 yrs younger than Eastwood (30) as well, I know keepers play longer but might be best for all parties if Eastwood is allowed to move up north if he wants (can't believe I'm saying it).

• React
Reactions: Ian
Back
Top Bottom