Transfer News Jordan Archer

Anyway, back to topic. I've watched plenty of footage of Archer now and he can clearly make a save or two. I knew before this rumour broke that he had a mistake in him but what keeper doesn't? Would be a decent signing I think. I feel a little for Jack if he isn't selected to cover but he is very inexperienced. I think the best course of action would be to sign Archer or another more experienced keeper until the end of the season and when Easty is back, send Jack out on loan for the remainder of the campaign.

Anyway, back to topic. I've watched plenty of footage of Archer now and he can clearly make a save or two. I knew before this rumour broke that he had a mistake in him but what keeper doesn't? Would be a decent signing I think. I feel a little for Jack if he isn't selected to cover but he is very inexperienced. I think the best course of action would be to sign Archer or another more experienced keeper until the end of the season and when Easty is back, send Jack out on loan for the remainder of the campaign.
Jack has been farmed out on loan ... to Oxford City, a couple of seasons back. ...And did rather well in the early rounds of the FA cup too

He was solid enough last night, keeping a clean sheet too
(shame about the penalty shoot out though... where their back up keeper saved 3 pens consecutively)

So that is all of his errors* in around 160 games for Millwall (including 69 in the Championship), I'll take that. I bet Easty's error rate isn't much different albeit more subtle generally.

No, they were errors just from one season.

Have we signed him then or what? Thought it would of been made official by now.

Thought KR said yesterday it will be announced tomorrow

Do we reckon he'll play Saturday?

I’ve heard from someone in the know, that he could play providing he doesn’t drop the pen while signing the contact. In all seriousness, good luck to him if he signs and I’m sure we will be in very nearly safe hands. ?

If Stevens plays well, this could be a back up keeper.
If Stevens either cant do it for an extended period or gets injured, then we will need a more experienced keeper than having our U23 keeper for a few games.

Or is Stevens the injury he alluded to in his interview, the one he didn't want to expand upon?

Jack has been farmed out on loan ... to Oxford City, a couple of seasons back. ...And did rather well in the early rounds of the FA cup too

He was solid enough last night, keeping a clean sheet too
(shame about the penalty shoot out though... where their back up keeper saved 3 pens consecutively)

Don't you think his kicking was a bit wayward last night, which against a first division team could prove costly.

Don't you think his kicking was a bit wayward last night, which against a first division team could prove costly.
from some of his kicks there were a few that went a bit too close ...as in over!... the touchline

hopefully Wayne Brown has been working with him on that

Eastwood was far from immune from that error, so I'd say they are (for some reason) coached to kick down the touchline.

I believe it's so the ball doesnt come directly back down the middle.

This paragraph taken from a Guardian article on West Hams goalkeeper situation:

‘West Ham, who have cooled their interest in the free agent Jordan Archer, want to sign a new No 2 goalkeeper in January. However they are aware it may be difficult to fetch a fee for Roberto, who has 18 months left on a contract worth £30,000 a week. West Ham will consider loaning him if they do not have to pay his wages and it is thought Turkey is a possible destination.’

So Archer has played for his country and has recently had premier league clubs Villa and WH taking an interest. Cant be all bad can he?

This paragraph taken from a Guardian article on West Hams goalkeeper situation:

‘West Ham, who have cooled their interest in the free agent Jordan Archer, want to sign a new No 2 goalkeeper in January. However they are aware it may be difficult to fetch a fee for Roberto, who has 18 months left on a contract worth £30,000 a week. West Ham will consider loaning him if they do not have to pay his wages and it is thought Turkey is a possible destination.’

So Archer has played for his country and has recently had premier league clubs Villa and WH taking an interest. Cant be all bad can he?

Hopefully he is signed in time for tomorrows game. We need experience and someone who can kick the ball.

Back
Top Bottom