Transfer News Jordan Archer

That’s a good solid replacement imo. Lots of experience too.

Sensible move by the club in my opinion and shows we really mean business this season. I understand the calls to give Stevens the gloves now but the pressure on him would be too much at this stage of his career. He still needs to be eased in gradually, not thrown in the deep end after 4 appearances. Archer seems to have all the credentials and pedigree. The defence would probably be happier with that little bit extra experience behind them as well. Jacks time will come.

That is of course if Archer earns the right to be first choice. Young Jack might rise to the occasion and hold on to the gloves!

• React
Reactions: MJB
If he’s out of contract has he played since the end of last season? If not could be a tad rusty but in Karl we trust!

If he’s out of contract has he played since the end of last season? If not could be a tad rusty but in Karl we trust!
Was training with Villa in October - don't know for how long.

Having watched his compilation video I guess he felt more comfortable heading it than catching it?! ?

Good luck to him! I hope he has a relatively boring time with us and keeps the ship steady for Eastwood to return with us still in contention of a play off spot.

In all fairness to the fella hes played around 200 games in his career, including 144 for Millwall over four seasons and at all levels for Scotland so he cant be all bad. As we all know a youtube ’highlights’ video can make mediocre players look like world beaters and vice versa. Neil Harris alluded to ‘mentality issues’ being a factor in his release from Millwall. Without knowing how severe an issue that was, we should avoid jumping to conclusions, if it merely meant his head had become a bit scrambled them maybe a short break from the game has done him good. He wouldnt have been training with Villa recently if he didnt still have a strong desire to get his career going again.

IF he is indeed signing for us, lets give the chap a decent chance before writing him off.

Back
Top Bottom