Transfer News Jordan Archer

Very Impressed with Archer yesterday tough job to come mid season without having played. Was a bit worried against shrewsbury when he punched a few thought we had a flapper. But his handling was good against wycombe always tries to roll it out quick looks to be a decent shot stopper fair play to the lad for taking his chance
I agree with this. No doubt it helps to have our very capable defence but Archer been very calming too.

Rad Ox mentioned he had a move north of the border agreed, so it seems the chances of him staying are minimal as it stands

Ashdown was top drawer, wasn't he? Would have liked to see him in the Appleton promotion team.

Archer very good with his distribution. I am still a little nervous about his handling but compared to some of our recent emergency signings...!

Ashdown was top drawer, wasn't he? Would have liked to see him in the Appleton promotion team.
We tried to get him to stay for that season but he chose to retire instead. If we had him instead of the Buchel / Slocombe horror show we would’ve won the league with 100+ points. The fact we had two poor goalies that season was the only reason we went into the last game needing to win to go up. Which when you look at the players we had all over the rest of the pitch was criminal.

We tried to get him to stay for that season but he chose to retire instead. If we had him instead of the Buchel / Slocombe horror show we would’ve won the league with 100+ points. The fact we had two poor goalies that season was the only reason we went into the last game needing to win to go up. Which when you look at the players we had all over the rest of the pitch was criminal.

Hmm, the many people in the stand behind jeering when Ashdown let that one through his legs at the Kassam may disagree with you on that one!

'Horror show' is a bit harsh on both of those. Whilst far from being the best players in the team, they had their moments for us. One of them is first choice for his country after all too ;).

'Horror show' is a bit harsh on both of those. Whilst far from being the best players in the team, they had their moments for us. One of them is first choice for his country after all too ;).
They were one of the dodgiest, flappiest duos we’ve ever had, who were saved from looking even worse than they already did by the fact that we somehow had a Championship side in front of them, despite playing in League Two. One of them is in the Conference and the other is back in Central Europe playing with milkmen and school teachers. They are 31 and 30 respectively, so are meant to be in their prime at this point.

They were silly billies.

I can't complain about another clean sheet. But Archer coming out and flapping at that cross in injury time? I'm still having palpitations. Had that free header been a couple of inches to the right we'd have thrown away a hard fought win.

It seems to be one of his few weaknesses, and I really hope it's being worked on.

Last edited:
His distribution is much better than Eastwoods, and although he doesn’t look massively sssured coming for crosses I think some forget how many goals Easty cost us early this season from being weak any time he was challenged

I think Eastwood of his first 2 years here is clearly better than Archer but that is a long time ago now

What I like about Archer is they he always looks to start things off quickly with his throw outs. It’s almost like having a fifth defender building from the back.

It would be fantastic if we could sign him, to have genuine competition for the no.1 jersey, also just in case Eastwood is considering a move back up north.

Archer's long kicking is average at best, but the distribution is good. He's not had masses of work to do so as such has been largely anonymous.

I don’t overly rate him. He looks poor n crosses, and yesterday he let a ball go across the box in last few minutes without a care in the world. Also, earlier in the game a ball dropped just passed his left hand post again without any sense of urgency.

He can kick a ball a long way, but he tends to over cook it when distributing the ball.

Eastwood for me any day.

Back
Top Bottom