Transfer News Jordan Archer

Shouldve had a look at signing exeters back up keeper ...did ok tonight ....3 consecutive pen saves

He certainly doesn't inspire confidence, but if he's the best free agent keeper available then I'll back KR bringing him in. Didn't exactly cover himself in glory during our last visit to the Den though!

It was suggested that there may be a "mental" as to why Jordan didn't succeed previously. If this is simply about confidence and self belief then there isn't many better manager than KR to bring the best out of him. Say what you like about him, Robinson is an excellent man manager that gets 110% from his players. If, however, Jordan has had mental health concerns, then we can count on the support of many within the club, including Mrs Robinson to look after him.

Either way, I hope that if he does sign that people don't judge him before he even puts on the shirt. At some point or another pretty much every signing leads to all sorts of shite being posted, and usually from those who wouldn't have known a thing about him a day or 2 ago. Give the guy a chance and trust a little in the recruitment team and coaches that have got us to where we are today.

It was suggested that there may be a "mental" as to why Jordan didn't succeed previously. If this is simply about confidence and self belief then there isn't many better manager than KR to bring the best out of him. Say what you like about him, Robinson is an excellent man manager that gets 110% from his players. If, however, Jordan has had mental health concerns, then we can count on the support of many within the club, including Mrs Robinson to look after him.

Either way, I hope that if he does sign that people don't judge him before he even puts on the shirt. At some point or another pretty much every signing leads to all sorts of shite being posted, and usually from those who wouldn't have known a thing about him a day or 2 ago. Give the guy a chance and trust a little in the recruitment team and coaches that have got us to where we are today.
Wayne Brown has also spoken in the past about the importance of players’ mental wellbeing. I dont think a player could have a better support network around them if they do need a little extra help in that area than at our club. As I said before though, we dont know the full extent of any issue in this particular case, so probably shouldnt too big an issue of it. It is important to always remember though that players are only human and not immune the problems that we all face.

Well we managed to get out of L2 and go on good cup runs with a combination of Buchel and Sam Slocombe so I'm sure things will be fine!

Could definitely make a pretty long video of Eastwood’s mistakes and lack of presence from deliveries into the box from the last couple of seasons

The amount of times over the years I have been tricked into thinking we have made made an exciting signing off the back of watching a 2 minute YouTube clip.....only to realise that they are utter rubbish. Pat Hoban and Jonny Giles spring to mind, albeit the latter was only playing Uni football.

I’m not making the mistake with this one and will let his appearances do the talking!

So that is all of his errors* in around 160 games for Millwall (including 69 in the Championship), I'll take that. I bet Easty's error rate isn't much different albeit more subtle generally.

***Shrugs shoulders***

Comparing stats (from Transfermarkt.co.uk) between Easty (his record with us (Lg 1) + major Cups) and Archer (Millwall appearances (Championship/Lg 1) + major Cups) shows:

Eastwood: 152 Apps, 200 conceded with 58 cleansheets so goals per game = 1.32

Archer: 164 Apps, 188 conceded with 57 cleansheets so goals per game = 1.15

Whilst there are other factors like the defence etc but his statistical record stacks up as they are over a significant time and similar in terms of appearances.

I will judge him on how he gets on (should he sign) as I can remember the Blackburn fans comments about Eastwood and the response on here initially.

*At least one was principally a defensive error, ie. heading the ball out of his hands and in as an own goal.

Last edited:
over 90 mins last night Jack Stevens did all that what required of him and kept a clean sheet

On the pen shootout however, Jack was second best

Good to have you back ECyellow!!!!!! - what you been up to? Where the devil have you been?!!! Is it true you are freelance fact checker for the politicians over the upcoming election? (so many claims to be ITK regarding brexit lol).
My attempts to make up for your absence has left me clutching at straws..
for example:
Will Cameron Brannagan still be with us after the next transfer window....
Magic-8-Ball.jpg
Damn!!!
(why would the 8 ball lie?! Sob ?)

Unrelated but how good does Lundstram look in those highlights. What a team we had at that point
Also reminded me how good McAleny was at shooting - I remember thinking at the time that he shot so early and quickly that he was constantly catching keepers out.

Last edited:
That is because we had two dodgy keepers!
I don't agree with that to be honest. I think they did 'ok' over the course of the season. It was actually our home form which wasn't that special that made it a bit close for comfort.

Back
Top Bottom