Jonte Smith signed?

3rd reply I've had like that, yet it doesn't actually change my point.

If we don't retain Obika (assuming that's highly likely), we'll only have 2 first team strikers at the club - and that's if we extend Jonte's short term deal.

And assuming he accepts it if we do ... unless we have an option?

Unless he is played, how else can he be properly assessed in what is, in reality, an extended trial period. He has thrown his lot in with us and deserves a chance to prove himself.
Yes; the final 15 minutes of a game would do him the world of good. Would show we have confidence in him. I get the impression this is a young man determined to make this work.

Unless he is played, how else can he be properly assessed in what is, in reality, an extended trial period. He has thrown his lot in with us and deserves a chance to prove himself.
Isn't that what the U23s is for? To assess players and see if they are good enough for the first team?
Plus training and dont forget that he has been part time for years.
I assume that he will be on the bench soon and will no doubt get on in certain games.
Let's hope it goes for him and he takes his opportunity.

Isn't that what the U23s is for? To assess players and see if they are good enough for the first team?
Plus training and dont forget that he has been part time for years.
I assume that he will be on the bench soon and will no doubt get on in certain games.
Let's hope it goes for him and he takes his opportunity.
Smith signing came about after 3 u23 games ....one for scum against us(he scored a hat trick)and two for the u23s as a trialists (scoring 2 v reading) ... he's 24 ,displaying the limited amount of u23 appearances left would be counterproductive ,bar perhaps one run out to help with fitness, as he's on a relatively short contract in which to show what he can do and prove himself. I think he'll make a lot of off the bench appearances albeit maybe not for a few games

Does it say how long Smith played for today?
not yet ...with U18 & U23 match info OUFC are still very slow in releasing anything info wise

hopefully itll be changing soon, but as it stands U18s and U23s games have snail paced match reports etc from OUFC official

cheers for the twitter link from 1.30pm @RCYellowRC .... its great having info via twitter
for those who use twitter ... not so great for those (of us) who dont. Easy enough to 'inform' on twitter so why not inform a wider amount of interested OUFC supporters via official OUFC website around the same time?

The Twitter account links the article from the OWS. Assuming it wasn't edited earlier though.

cheers for the twitter link from 1.30pm @RCYellowRC .... its great having info via twitter
for those who use twitter ... not so great for those (of us) who dont. Easy enough to 'inform' on twitter so why not inform a wider amount of interested OUFC supporters via official OUFC website around the same time?
Surely there's some way of getting any articles posted on here automatically once they are published. Noticed a few other teams forum's have this.

Surely there's some way of getting any articles posted on here automatically once they are published. Noticed a few other teams forum's have this.
hoping that sort of thing is work in progress ?... I understand Matt Everett is looking at something along those lines

Back
Top Bottom