Jonte Smith signed?

Umm …. a bit of jiggery pokerry here, Just hope all the paperwork is correct and compliant. Surely, nothing could go wrong?

It's all above board.

Was anyone "concerned" when we were looking at Maynard?

I’m all for fishing in Non Lge waters. Giving them a chance to improve themselves, and show they can do it on a bigger stage. There is history of good players in grass roots football. Kevin Phillips, Charlie Austin, Jamie Vardy. To name a few, let’s see if if can impress, and show us what he can do. It’s not an expensive gamble, and well worth a punt.

Good luck to the lad!

As a matter of interest, where does this leave Bradbury? Will he be coming back?

As a matter of interest, where does this leave Bradbury? Will he be coming back?

hope hes coming back ....personally, I don't like young prospects being punted out for more than half a season. On the one hand, being punted out gives our youngsters more game timeperhaps than with U23s and maybe also one or two Checkatrade trophy appearances. Conversely, they're not guaranteed game time while out on loan, and invariably, if they do play regularly, are often instructed to play in a different style to their natural game, to suit the level they've sent out to. .... If theyre good enough, let em learn their trade by being part of the matchday squad, and given a few cameos off the bench in first team games i say

We'll see how he does for Woking first, I guess.

Come the end of the season, we'll be sending Sinclair back, Mackie will be pushing 34, and Obika will just be coming off a long term injury. So it's not like he'll necessarily be on the fringes.

Come the end of the season, we'll be sending Sinclair back, Mackie will be pushing 34, and Obika will just be coming off a long term injury. So it's not like he'll necessarily be on the fringes.
Doesn’t Obikas contract expire in the summer ?
I hope

Obika won't be here!

Jonte Smith certainly talks a good game, liking his outlook, hes scored at international level too!.... hope we can utilise his18yard box poaching to the maximum. we need goals!

Jonte Smith certainly talks a good game, liking his outlook, hes scored at international level too!.... hope we can utilise his18yard box poaching to the maximum. we need goals!

Wonder if an extra bonus is his international potential?

Remember earlier in the season there was a thing where we could get games postponed if we had 3+ international callups in the gameweek.

Whyte, Tsun Dai (if he's kept), Smith, and maybe Sykes in the future.

Will be a chance to watch Bradbury and Little in a few weeks time as they’ll be playing at Ox City for Woking.

City have yet to say a date for this game according to there fixture list.

Will be a chance to watch Bradbury and Little in a few weeks time as they’ll be playing at Ox City for Woking.

Little in particular had a really good game against Spurs U21, and of all of them for me is the one that stands out.
For the few games I've seen Bradbury at Woking and his Wycombe cameo in the Checkatrade, currently his temperament isn't right. Against Wycombe, rather than show what he could do, he was hell bent on being over aggressive and eventually got the yellow card he seemed to be after. He reminds me of Roberts, who read too much about his own hype, and missed the boat.
Different positions I know, but Little will be one of the first to make the first team squad home. Fantastic attitude.

Obika’s out of contract in the summer

Obika’s out of contract in the summer

3rd reply I've had like that, yet it doesn't actually change my point.

If we don't retain Obika (assuming that's highly likely), we'll only have 2 first team strikers at the club - and that's if we extend Jonte's short term deal.

Of course by that point we should be in the market for more, but come pre-season, there's the opportunities for James and Bradbury to break through.

Back
Top Bottom