Jonte Smith signed?

I imagine lower league contracts come with a lot more flexibility than the ones at pro level. Oxford City in the NLS frequently see players come and go - often due to players having to move for work and the like.

I would hope all the ‘t’s’ have been crossed and ‘i’s’ dotted. We don’t want another Jennison Myrie-Williams situation arising.
I think that you are right. Lower league contracts at the level he has come from are very different from FL contracts.

Agree about the movement and speed of thought...….Jarrow roofing springs to mind. Pace is the killer. Maybe, just maybe, it will work out. The fans deserve it.

Tbf to the lad from Jarrow Roofing I bet he still had a better strike rate than Obika.

I must be one of the few to see John Campbell score for us. James Roberts scored a screamer that day.

The two new lads are not following in the footsteps of giants considering they are replacing Obika and Smith, so at least that’s a pressure gone.

Sadly if they score two goals between them they will have doubled the return of there predecessors this season.

Intrigued to see them both play.

yep - what a day that was (outside as well as in);)

Greaves's last hurrah cos didn't he f**k off to Wolves shortly after & we got dicked by Cov in the next round (although another fun day)

That was a lively day at Coventry, Higjfield Road lol

I was at that game at Coventry. Brian Moore reckoned Burton made the save of the season that day. Oh yes......and all those seats being ripped up and lobbed onto the pitch. We got banned for life, or ten years or something if I remember.

I was at that game at Coventry. Brian Moore reckoned Burton made the save of the season that day. Oh yes......and all those seats being ripped up and lobbed onto the pitch. We got banned for life, or ten years or something if I remember.
Did a dog run onto the pitch to retrieve the seats?

I imagine, given that this deal was completed after the deadline, and after a trial, that he was signed because the main target went elsewhere. Although the Lewes Chair being uncontactable may be on alternative reason.

Obviously, there was interest in Smith, but Sinclair was expected to be the second signing... So Smith was offered a deal very late when the main target failed to sign.

Perhaps, we can say that the club had a backup plan?

I hope he works hard and does well. If he's an attitude like Roofe, he could be a great success.

I imagine, given that this deal was completed after the deadline, and after a trial, that he was signed because the main target went elsewhere. Although the Lewes Chair being uncontactable may be on alternative reason.

Obviously, there was interest in Smith, but Sinclair was expected to be the second signing... So Smith was offered a deal very late when the main target failed to sign.

Perhaps, we can say that the club had a backup plan?

I hope he works hard and does well. If he's an attitude like Roofe, he could be a great success.

Umm …. a bit of jiggery pokerry here, Just hope all the paperwork is correct and compliant. Surely, nothing could go wrong?

Back
Top Bottom