Jonte Smith signed?

What do you think, Bazzer?!
Don’t know anything about him apart from scoring an hatrick for the Scum U23’s against us and they didn’t sign him, but having said that I hadn’t heard of John Aldridge when we bought him I think for 70k from Newport

Don’t know anything about him apart from scoring an hatrick for the Scum U23’s against us and they didn’t sign him, but having said that I hadn’t heard of John Aldridge when we bought him I think for 70k from Newport
I hadn't heard of Roofe or Hylton yet they were ok lol

Out of interest, how many successes have we had in the past when picking players out of the non-league as a FL side? I can’t think of all that many good players but one or two had their moments.

Lee Hughes
Ben Abbey
Tim Sills
Neville Roach ?
Cameron Norman
Jefferson Louis

Sometimes you have to kiss a few frogs and all that. Ian Wright, Jamie Vardy, Chris Smalling turned out alright

It’s another body and option up front where we were down to bare bones, so that’s a plus. I know nothing about the lad, will wait to see him play before I have an opinion but good luck to him.

Welcome young man and good luck. ?

As an aside I for one, recall us being humbled in some cup game at the 'dripping pan' by Lewes a few years back. ... ...and Yemi (remember the van driver from Eastbourne) tore us apart in another cup game before signing - and he did ok for us.

COYYs

Is he the triallist who scored twice for our Under 23s against Reading recently?

Out of interest, how many successes have we had in the past when picking players out of the non-league as a FL side? I can’t think of all that many good players but one or two had their moments.

Lee Hughes
Ben Abbey
Tim Sills
Neville Roach ?
Cameron Norman
Jefferson Louis

Matt Murphy
Garry Smart
Malcolm Shotton

So he knows where the net is ...shoots both feet, scores from all over, heads and runs....raw talent I like ....ahhh keith cassels in my book a come up the league legend ... lets hope we have another ... and one we have on contract yehaaaa

I like this type of signing. You give a bloke a chance to play at a higher level while at the same time maybe unearthing a gem - they usually have a more realistic attitude than the Dan Crowley's of this world, want to impress and are prepared to give their all.

Good luck Jonti - let's hope the future opens up for you.

Don't mind having a punt but what concerns me is the amount of times he's been loaned out from the clubs he's signed for........must be a reason/???

Tbf the first set of loans he was 17/19 yo

I'm actually delirious we have two new strikers. Assuming one of them makes the bench and isn't loaned out or told to play in the U23's.

Back
Top Bottom