Ex Player John Mousinho

Followtheox1

I see he was injured today. Did they mention on the radio whether it was potentially serious? Always a gamble in my view to play all three CBs most of the time in the team, without any other CB cover. We now could be in a situation where we have no CB cover for a period of time.

'Tight thigh' was the verdict I think. I suppose he might be a doubt for Tuesday but (by the tone of what was said) unlikely to be a long term thing.

Sam Long can and has played CB previously so he would be cover

I’d just leave Kashi in there, looked good to me. He looked to play the ball simple, but effectively. My only concern with him is, I’m not sure he’s match fit, especially for 90+mins.

After he (Kashi) starts to tire, I’d then put Brannagan and Sykes in the middle.

I’d go 4-4-2 at Rochdale. Kashi and Brannagan in the middle. Drop Henry who has been off the pace for some weeks now, perhaps harsh on Sykes, but I think we would be more of a threat with two up top.

I’d go 4-4-2 at Rochdale. Kashi and Brannagan in the middle. Drop Henry who has been off the pace for some weeks now, perhaps harsh on Sykes, but I think we would be more of a threat with two up top.

Try something different, not what the opposition will expect, is what many managers would try to save their job. Our failed, arrogant incumbent will not.
It will be Sinclair or Mackie up front, running around like lost rabbits, just like every game, exactly what Rochdale are expecting us to do.

Last edited:
Try something different, not what the opposition will expect, is what many managers would try to save their job. Our failed, arrogant incumbent will not.
It will be Sinclair or Jackie up front, running around like lost rabbits, just like every game, exactly what Rochdale are expecting us to do.

The same set up that won at Blackpool and Scunthorpe and was minutes away from a point at Gillingham? You're right, let's try something else!!

• React
Reactions: Ian
Wouldn't surprise me if the Acting Manager moved the Dickster into Mous' position and brought Brannagan in as CB in another of his flashes of tactical genius.

It will be Sinclair or Jackie up front, running around like lost rabbits, just like every game, exactly what Rochdale are expecting us to do.
Mate I think you should quit now for the sake of our club. Go and be a fan of Luton maybe

The same set up that won at Blackpool and Scunthorpe and was minutes away from a point at Gillingham? You're right, let's try something else!!
The game at Blackpool was won with a world class free kick, you cannot rely on that. But we did manage more shots on target than Blackpool and deserved to win. So whatever prompted the formation change, it worked. Fair enough.
The home game with the same personnel/formation was less convincing IMO. We had two shots on target and scored with both, but the first half performance was awful. But (as I said in another post) does that really matter - we just need the points.
But the Gillingham game was very poor indeed. One shot on target, we should already have been losing (good pen save from Eastwood, but any failed penalty goes down as a poor miss for me!) and Dickie was a bit lucky to be on the pitch. Were you surprised when Gillingham scored? Because I wasn't.

Setting up to be level at half time and then getting more aggressive after an hour is a dangerous and passive tactic. We have a defence that is not well coached (especially at corners) - and up front we don't get that many clear cut chances. If everything goes for us (a worldy free kick, two goals from two shots, a missed pen) it might work. But if Robinson thinks that's how we are going to get enough points to stay up then IMO he is very wrong. We need to be pressing the opposition from the off and trying to get ahead as early as possible. He has tried the same tactics earlier in the season (albeit with a different line up) and it didn't work - just sticking inflexibly to the same plan because it came off a couple of times is (again IMO) a bit lazy and desperate.

Seems as though Mous has been asked to consider a coaching role or look for another club if he wants to continue his playing career for another year or two? I have to say I can’t argue with KRs decision. As good as Mous was in the midfield role last season we probably need somebody younger in there if we want to be successful. A huge decision for Mous though, his quote in the article indicates he wants to carry on playing for as long as he can which I totally understand.

I hope he stays here as a coach though, he seems an intelligent fella and simebody who put his heart and soul into the club.

Yes seems sensible. I don;t think at this stage of his career he is the sort of player that will be pivotal to a promotion push, although last year he was pivotal in stabilising things.

From a playing perspective I'd like to see him playing the checkatrade games along with as many youngsters (Stevens, Spasov, Jones etc) as the rule allow. I'm guessing we're not going to have the largest squad next season (which may be a good thing), so we need to spread the games around the squad.

For league games with the usual 7 subs allowance I'd like to always see at least 2 from the likes of Spasov, Jones etc on the bench, assuming they aren't on loan elsewhere.

Got to love Mous though. Totally committed to the cause and always reliable. The games when the team have played sh!t you could always see the hurt on his face. Our youngsters could learn one hell of a lot from him, I really hope he stays at the club.

After some apparent clangers, I'm pleased Robbo seems to be getting the man management side of things right/better. This, for me, is an ideal solution for an important personality at the club (note I didn't say player). The option to stay, be a part of it....if Mous disagrees, he is welcome to look elsewhere, but it will be on his terms, not the clubs. Fair play. Best solution all round I'd say.

Seems like a good way to move almost seamlessly from being a player into the next stage of his career - if being a coach is something he wants to do. You'd presume that a defensive midfielder is on the shopping list (Kashi?)

Back
Top Bottom