EPL John Lundstram

Leysboy

He’s rejected a contract offer from Sheffield United, and it looks like Sheff Utd will try and move him on in January. Lord Wilder says on the bbc app, that’s he’s disappointed Lunny hasn’t signed it, and feels it’s up there with the top players at the club. He also says that perhaps John and his agent are negotiating elsewhere for better.

I’m just wondering if we have a sell on clause with Lunny. If anyone itk can let us know great.

@ECYellow and @Front Post in particular.

He’s rejected a contract offer from Sheffield United, and it looks like Sheff Utd will try and move him on in January. Lord Wilder says on the bbc app, that’s he’s disappointed Lunny hasn’t signed it, and feels it’s up there with the top players at the club. He also says that perhaps John and his agent are negotiating elsewhere for better.

I’m just wondering if we have a sell on clause with Lunny. If anyone itk can let us know great.

This is consistent with his previous moves. He was offered a contract by Everton but decided to go on a free for first team football here. He was running down his contract with us (and turned down contracts from us) and so we sold him in his final year. Now he's doing the same at Sheff Utd.

The Lundstram deal was one of those specifically mentioned in the ENSCO charge document, so there was definitely some form of future payments.

The Lundstram deal was one of those specifically mentioned in the ENSCO charge document, so there was definitely some form of future payments.

IMO all those future payments were to cover known instalments on transfer fees due. Though that’s not to say there might be sell on clauses too. However general view is that Eales preferred cash up front or in instalments rather than sticking in sell on clauses.

IMO all those future payments were to cover known instalments on transfer fees due. Though that’s not to say there might be sell on clauses too. However general view is that Eales preferred cash up front or in instalments rather than sticking in sell on clauses.
I think with this one, given it was a sell forced by him not wanting to sign a contract (a pattern in his career) the upfront for Lundstram was minimal (indeed in Sheffield they seem to talk of it as a free transfer) with most of the income as addons.

Back
Top Bottom