John "Chubby" Freeman.

saddletramp

Sad to post about the loss of a good one yesterday.
After a long battle with cancer,we lost John "Chubby" Freeman,aged just 61.
A North stand Season ticket holder and lifelong Oxford fan,he will be known by many on here,he took me to my first Oxford game when i moved to Wantage in the mid 1970's.
His company sponsored the West Ham game this season,so despite his illness he made it onto the pitch one last time.
More importantly,he was a good,husband,father and grandfather.
I hope they have cable in that "Whites bar" in the sky,so you can watch the game this afternoon,in comfort and pain free.

R.I.P. Chub,will shed a tear for you at the game this afternoon,

Sad to read of another supporter leaving us. 61 is no age anymore and it makes me so angry that we cannot defeat cancer. I would wager that everyone on here has experienced losing someone they knew to this scourge and yet, we still struggle to beat it. I would urge everyone to try and help the various organisations carrying out research and, just as importantly, support those who look after those with cancer when they most need them. Macmillan looked after my father and allowed him to pass peacefully and with dignity and I will be forever grateful.

RIP Chubby.

RIP John.

A privalage to have known John in recent years, how he battled cancer and was still able to get to games home and away until the end, very sad.

RIP John.

It was heartbreaking to see him struggle to get up those North Stand steps in such pain. So sorry to hear this, even though there was sadly a sense of inevitability to it with his diagnosis.

I'll raise a glass to him later today at the game, another good man lost to the evil that is cancer.

Back
Top Bottom