Ex Player #11 Joey Beauchamp RIP

Is it just me that thinks this is just so wrong given Joey's demons, can't help feeling this will hurt his family.
You’re assuming they haven’t been consulted. I don’t know that they have, but if this goes ahead, it would be safe to assume that they are OK with it.

Tweet by the club today. Was past his best when I first started going in 1999 but I’m aware of the fond memories he gave us yellows fans. RIP to a true legend.

I remember that goal Vs Man City really well. The celebrations were fantastic.

Every time we played them at Maine Rd around then there seemed to be a protest outside the main entrance either about the manager (Phil Neal iirc) and/or the owners.

RIP Joey.

His loss has made me realise why I fell in love with Oxford United - encapsulated by the euphoria of watching him run at a defender, combined with the tinge of fear felt by a 12 year old who could feel the London Road surge happening when the ball invariably hit the net some time soon after.

You weren't the young lad my mate crushed against the wall twice in consecutive crowd surges were you? He was even helping the lad up after the 1st one, when the 2nd one hit!

You weren't the young lad my mate crushed against the wall twice in consecutive crowd surges were you? He was even helping the lad up after the 1st one, when the 2nd one hit!
I don’t think so. Was always middle left. No wall, just barriers. My problem was I stayed where I was…

I don’t think so. Was always middle left. No wall, just barriers. My problem was I stayed where I was…
You wouldn't have been far from me then.

One game that always stands out for me with the surges was the Swindon 5-3 win where Joey and Chrissy Allen tore them to bits. At one point after we scored I ended up about 20 yards to the left and 10 rows down the terrace from where I was standing. Fought my way back to where I had come from only for us to score again, ended up back down there again... Mental days 😁

You wouldn't have been far from me then.

One game that always stands out for me with the surges was the Swindon 5-3 win where Joey and ChrissycAllen tore them to bits. At one point after we scored I ended up about 20 yards to the left and 10 rows down the terrace from where I was standing. Fought my way back to where I had come from only for us to score again, ended up back where I did... Mental days 😁

I might have been part of the group that started that surge. :D

On the second anniversary of the passing of one of Oxford United’s greatest ever players OxVox are proud to announce that we are helping with the push to raise money for the fabulous Joey Beauchamp Foundation
( https://www.joeybeauchamp.org/ ).

Luke Beauchamp has done an amazing job getting this set up and we are hoping to get the ball rolling early. To do this we are offering to add a pound from OxVox for every pound donated up to the first £250.

As many know, there is a real need for the important mental health support and awareness the new foundation plans to provide. Every penny will be gratefully received and used to help people in real need.

Please help us help others by donating what you can and make your donations to https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/p/joeyfoundation

Let’s do this for Joey.

We thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Paul Peros, Ali Wolfe, Trevor Lambert and the OxVox committee

More than happy to make a donation not only in memory of a genius footballer who sparked my football obsession, but a lovely guy who I still got starstruck even when having a pint and chatting as our daughters were playing together at the Six Bells.

And a wonderful cause. The figures around mental health in this country are brutal. It's scandalous, and this is such a fantastic initiative.

Joey Beauchamp. What a superb player, one who could’ve played at the very highest level.

He was an integral part of my happiest days as a teenage Oxford fan, watching from Osler Road. I don’t think I’ll ever enjoy watching Oxford United as much as I did in those days.

Cheers Joey 💛

On the second anniversary of the passing of one of Oxford United’s greatest ever players OxVox are proud to announce that we are helping with the push to raise money for the fabulous Joey Beauchamp Foundation
( https://www.joeybeauchamp.org/ ).

Luke Beauchamp has done an amazing job getting this set up and we are hoping to get the ball rolling early. To do this we are offering to add a pound from OxVox for every pound donated up to the first £250.

As many know, there is a real need for the important mental health support and awareness the new foundation plans to provide. Every penny will be gratefully received and used to help people in real need.

Please help us help others by donating what you can and make your donations to https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/p/joeyfoundation

Let’s do this for Joey.

We thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Paul Peros, Ali Wolfe, Trevor Lambert and the OxVox committee
Are there going to be any collection buckets before tomorrows game?

is there anywhere I can read what the foundation aims to actually do? The language is a little vague and more "supporting vulnerable people" without any sense of what that looks like

is there anywhere I can read what the foundation aims to actually do? The language is a little vague and more "supporting vulnerable people" without any sense of what that looks like
Luke Beauchamp, Joey’s brother. Was on Radio Oxford the other day and said that the website and further detail about this initiative would follow shortly.

Back
Top Bottom