National News Joey Barton

How long until he accidentally smacks someone else?

Last edited:
I guess he's disappointed to be out of work but is Barton now permanently drunk? Or drugged? Or just scouse?

I guess he's disappointed to be out of work but is Barton now permanently drunk? Or drugged? Or just scouse?

A while back he was trying to position himself as some sort of thoughtful liberal, but he’s now gone full gammon

A while back he was trying to position himself as some sort of thoughtful liberal, but he’s now gone full gammon
He’s lost the plot, and it’s all rather puzzling, it’s like he’s decided he doesn’t want to be a football manager now and has gone full on nut job, no owner would touch him at the moment

Tell you what though, that Eni Aluko is an absolutely mind numbing football pundit, not because she’s black, not because she’s female, just because she’s s**t at her job, bit like Michael Owen, never says anything particularly insightful

He doesn’t deliver his thoughts particularly well but he absolutely has a point on the pundits.

Eni Aluko is a rubbish pundit. She’s made multiple cock ups on air and imo, isn’t particularly knowledgeable on the mens game.

People like Thompson, Souness and LeTiss got cancelled on Sky, despite being at the very top of their industry for decades - male football. Yet, Aluko appears to get a free pass on multiple media outlets and repeated opportunities.

I don’t think she’s getting these roles based upon her industry knowledge (men’s elite football). I think she fits a narrative of diversity and inclusion, which is fine, but that does then open her up to scrutiny when she continues to offer very little to the shows that she is on.

People like Thompson, Souness and LeTiss got cancelled on Sky
"Cancelled"?

Souness himself said he left by mutual consent in an interview with one paper or another (Mirror maybe?) Wasn't Thompson let go at the same time as Charlie Nicholas during covid as a cost saving measure? Le Tissier effectively made himself unemployed with idiotic messages on social media.

He doesn’t deliver his thoughts particularly well but he absolutely has a point on the pundits.

Eni Aluko is a rubbish pundit. She’s made multiple cock ups on air and imo, isn’t particularly knowledgeable on the mens game.

People like Thompson, Souness and LeTiss got cancelled on Sky, despite being at the very top of their industry for decades - male football. Yet, Aluko appears to get a free pass on multiple media outlets and repeated opportunities.

I don’t think she’s getting these roles based upon her industry knowledge (men’s elite football). I think she fits a narrative of diversity and inclusion, which is fine, but that does then open her up to scrutiny when she continues to offer very little to the shows that she is on.
This is all subjective of course. They may not be great pundits in some people's eyes but there is some absolute shite pundits who are male too. Someone mentioned Owen. I also think listening to Jermaine Jenas is as dull as watching paint dry. The question is, why is Barton so focused on the not so great women pundits and not the male ones?

He is clearly someone in my view who believes he is more intelligent than he is. Given the growth of the female game, it's importance to many clubs and the growth of female support, I actually think out of everything he has ever said and done these recent comments will make it much harder for him to get a future job in management.

So the ex-con thug, out of work ex-football manager who’s achieved nothing as a manager, has decided to air his misogynistic, homophobic views for all to see what type of a person he is.
I suspect he will never work in football again.
I hope his wife keeps herself safe and away from his anger.

He’s pretty clear that he thinks women are not qualified to comment on men’s football. Do you think he “absolutely has a point” on that?

The bloke sounds more like an imam or catholic priest. It’s only football punditry.