Ex Player Joel Cooper

A shame it didn't work out. Always felt like there was a player in there somewhere but it just never seemed to come out. Best of luck to the lad, hope he can build a career elsewhere.

He looked a real talent in a PSF away at Palace but it just hasn't worked out for him. Win some, lose some, I suppose.

Good luck to him back in NI.

I assume his time at Port Vale is at an end too? He wasn’t featuring for them either so whatever the personal issue is it’s also impacted his time there too.

The club and player have dealt with this the right, proper and modern way (unlike a certain transfer to West Ham in 1994). I hope Joel Cooper finds happiness and fulfilment in whatever he does next.

EDIT. Just spotted in the OM write up that he returned to NI at some point in March, hence the lack of involvement at Port Vale.

Last edited:
Farewell Joel, we hardly knew thee. All the best for the future.

• React
Reactions: MJB
Yet another player @horseman rated and thought could be the next Joey. added to Dan Agyei as rated but no longer in the building.

I thought Kip was bad enough but that @horseman oh deary me

I assume his time at Port Vale is at an end too? He wasn’t featuring for them either so whatever the personal issue is it’s also impacted his time there too.

The club and player have dealt with this the right, proper and modern way (unlike a certain transfer to West Ham in 1994). I hope Joel Cooper finds happiness and fulfilment in whatever he does next.

EDIT. Just spotted in the OM write up that he returned to NI at some point in March, hence the lack of involvement at Port Vale.
Thought he went to Vale after returning but may be wrong

Shame it didn't work out and I wish him all the best for the future. We could've kept him on hoping his personal issues would resolve themselves but it's probably the best decision to part ways. With Hanson and Winnall both leaving too, it means there isn't any room for passengers in the squad next season.

Thought he went to Vale after returning but may be wrong

Quote from the OM:

Cooper was loaned to Sky Bet League Two club Port Vale in January and played six times, the last coming against Colchester United on March 5.

He then returned to Northern Ireland again and has now agreed to leave the U's by mutual consent.

I see he's 26 years old and he should be in the prime years of his career. I really hope it works out for him and he finds a happy niche where he can settle and make the best use of his skills. Good luck Joel.

I never saw him play so can’t judge him on his footballing ability.

I’m sure he will do well back home in Ireland. Obviously misses home, and perhaps some difficulties back there. Good luck to him!

really thought it would of been a good move last January, to see if we could of used Joel Cooper as part of a deal. To get Trai Hume.
With Larne.Linfield and Glentaron being full time now, shouldn’t have a problem.

Cooper will feel a lot better being back home. Fare play to him for giving it a go and there were a couple of times when I did see him play, he didn’t look to bad.
Good luck Joel Cooper

Back
Top Bottom