Ex Player Joel Cooper

Oxford Mail is reporting that he won’t play for us again this season. Will be loaned back to Linfield by the sounds of it. He’s facing issues of a non-football nature.

Whatever it takes for Joel Cooper, I think the clubs and all fans support it for him to feel content. If that’s a spell away until he feels ready to return, so be it. I do wonder whether we’ll ever see him in an Oxford shirt again. I don’t know what the issue is and nor is it my place to pry, but is it known for certain that it will be fully resolved next summer?

This brings up a question for our own squad. If Linfield can take on Cooper’s registration, does that free up a squad place for us? That could prove useful since Cooper is not going to play a part for us this season.

Whatever it takes for Joel Cooper, I think the clubs and all fans support it for him to feel content. If that’s a spell away until he feels ready to return, so be it. I do wonder whether we’ll ever see him in an Oxford shirt again. I don’t know what the issue is and nor is it my place to pry, but is it known for certain that it will be fully resolved next summer?

This brings up a question for our own squad. If Linfield can take on Cooper’s registration, does that free up a squad place for us? That could prove useful since Cooper is not going to play a part for us this season.
I don't see how it wouldn't free up a squad place, same as any transaction. Everyone will have to wait for the January window though.
All the best to him anyway, hope things work out whatever they are.

Yes, we can take Joel out of our playing squad from January which will free up a space to recruit into. Suspect that we'd look at a loan replacement as squad limits will be an even bigger problem next summer.

It’s a shame I did like what cooerncould do and could bring to our match day squad

good luck to him- hope his 'personal-issues' sort out

could Cooper stopping in NI - for however long- mean a(nother) reprieve/ chance ( albeit final- final) for Sykes?

good luck to him- hope his 'personal-issues' sort out

could Cooper stopping in NI - for however long- mean a(nother) reprieve/ chance ( albeit final- final) for Sykes?
more likely Shadipo

I hope that everything works out for him , and out resolves what ever the issue is to his benefit, if he can come back to Oxford that would be great , he has to do what’s best for him.

more likely Shadipo

I would think that Shodipo and Obita will rotate wide left (with Hall as back up), Agyei covering for Taylor until Winnall is fit, and Clare/Henry sharing the right hand side (with Sykes as back up) That will give us Kelly, McGuane, Gorrin and Forde to share the midfield 3, and back to Mous as our defensive back up.

Hopefully a few have had a kick up the a**e and know what is expected of them. We're thin on the ground, and whilst we can't do anything about injuries, attitude, desire and work rate are non-negotiable at this stage.

I know he’s an ex player and it’s an easy kink to make but Gavin Whyte is the kind of player we should be going in for.

Forget about him being an ex player.

He’s of a good age, still has resale value, also is a proven player at this level and is in a position we need.

Would imagine Cardiff will not Satan’s in his way if an offer is made and he also knows what we can do for him.

Just need to stump up the money required which would I’d imagine be at least 1/4 maybe even a half of what they paid us..

Also it may just help out Sykes and maybe even Cooper to have another northern Irish lad around.

I would think that Shodipo and Obita will rotate wide left (with Hall as back up), Agyei covering for Taylor until Winnall is fit, and Clare/Henry sharing the right hand side (with Sykes as back up) That will give us Kelly, McGuane, Gorrin and Forde to share the midfield 3, and back to Mous as our defensive back up.

Hopefully a few have had a kick up the a**e and know what is expected of them. We're thin on the ground, and whilst we can't do anything about injuries, attitude, desire and work rate are non-negotiable at this stage.
Attitude, desire and work rate are non-negotiable at any stage.

I know he’s an ex player and it’s an easy kink to make but Gavin Whyte is the kind of player we should be going in for.

He’s of a good age, still has resale value, also is a proven player at this level and is in a position we need.

Would imagine Cardiff will not Satan’s in his way if an offer is made and he also knows what we can do for him.

Just need to stump up the money required which would I’d imagine be at least 1/4 maybe even a half of what they paid us..
Problem is, he's used to championship wages even when sat on the bench. Would he be willing to give that up?

Homesick do you think. Hard being away from family for months on end.

Especially in present circumstances.

The devil is in the detail.

A loan wouldn't be a bad option either for this season.

Back
Top Bottom