General Jim Rosenthal

Foley

So in the 'My Club' article in the Sunday Times today it is Jim Rosenthal.
Great I think.
He goes on to say that he was born in Oxford went to school there and was a local reporter.
He then went on to say that 'It was a natural love affair but it's been a lasting boil on the bum' Charming
He suggests that KR should have done better with a 'big budget by League One standards' and suggested that losing to Leyton Orient sending us to the Conference was 'the end of my journey- watching the club I assume.
A shame it wasn't Timmy Mallet!

Great I think.
He goes on to say that he was born in Oxford went to school there and was a local reporter.
He then went on to say that 'It was a natural love affair but it's been a lasting boil on the bum' Charming
He suggests that KR should have done better with a 'big budget by League One standards' and suggested that losing to Leyton Orient sending us to the Conference was 'the end of my journey- watching the club I assume.
Great I think.
If he was being honest he would say his failed take over was the end of his journey. Although given his views on KR it appears he still keeps a close eye on us.

What a strange comment from him. He was at the training ground multiple times and was around the club offices at the stadium every now and then the entire time I worked there, which included our last season in the Conference. I’m sure he was actually on the board in some capacity around that time. Very peculiar for him to suggest that after relegation he somehow severed ties with the club?

These days, I think JR follows the fortunes of Northampton Town more than Oxford United.

Unless there’s a national TV audience, of course

These days, I think JR follows the fortunes of Northampton Town more than Oxford United.
I believe that’s correct, which comes from his Kelvin Thomas connection. Which is why he was semi-frequently around the club during the Conference promotion season. Thus making his comments about relegation being the ‘end of his journey’ really weird.

I thought he went to support Northampton when Wilder and Thomas went there? Remember him slagging off the article that declared us the best team you have never heard of when Appleton had us playing great football, going on cup runs and being the best team in league two.

There was a bit of legal spat re: him getting some money back during Lenegan’s years wasn’t there?

Utterly baffling that he appears to have become a fan of Kelvin Thomas, rather than his old club. Kelvin Thomas! Of all the people...

Doesn't sound like much of an Oxford United fan to me...

Is he still a northamton fan now, who changes alligence, even a c**t wouldn’t do that.

Back
Top Bottom